TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Countdown to surgery...

11 days til I have my insides cleaned out, tube removed and tube repaired.  My sister is a nurse and was a nurse for an RE for many years.  My SIL is a nurse for Labor and Delivery at our local hospital.  I work in a nursing home around a bunch of nurses.  I have to say I'm not really nervous about the surgery, but damn these ladies are making me nervous about everything else.  According to my family/friends in the nursing field I must do the following before I have the surgery...

1.  Get a pedicure because the nurses will talk about you if you have funky feet.

2.  Clean out my belly button really well because again they will make fun of me for the funk in belly button if I don't.

3.  Shave all my girlie parts, legs, pits, pretty much everything that's visible that shouldn't have hair.

They are all driving me nuts!!!  If I didn't need xanax before I do now.

Married 8/23/09 Dx: Endometriosis mc 2003, mc 2005, mc Oct. 2009 and ectopic pg Feb. 2010 Baby Girl Gracie Mae born 5 weeks early on 7/6/11. Baby boy JT born full term on 7/5/12. We are blessed!

Re: Countdown to surgery...

• Options
    I hope that they stop stressing you out. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers IVF #1 BFP Beta #1 528 & Beta #2 1514
  • Options
    LOL so true! I hope it goes smoothly. I wouldn't say a pedicure but at least make sure you don't have claws down there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Well, at least they're stressing you out about minor issues!  I vote for a pedi, just to treat yourself.  But, I've also heard that you can't have polish on your toes during a surgery, so  you may want to opt for clear polish?  Or, at least check to see if you can have color.  (It would be a shame to waste money on a cute pedicure just to have them take the polish off!)

Good luck...we'll be thinking of you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sending good luck your way.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options

Oh my goodness! I'm sure they made fun of me during my D&Cs, then. 

I think the nail polish thing is only for fingernails.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"