Natural Birth
Options

we're doing the encapsulation!

DH and I heard back from a doula that lives a decent distance away but is willing to travel (more $$ of course) to do our placental encapsulation.  It's going to run about $270, but DH seems to really think it'll be worth it. (He's deathly afraid of me getting PPD I think, because of my history of depression). 

I'm looking forward to being able to tell you all the benefits or lack there of (hopefully not) from my own personal experience.  I think this officially puts me in some kind of "granola" category though, haha - and I'm pretty sure I will not be able to tell anyone else without them looking at me cross-eyed. Big Smile

Lilypie - (YBLf)

Lilypie - (Cfah)
image"Lilypie">image"Lilypie">image"Lilypie">image"Lilypie">image"">

Re: we're doing the encapsulation!

• Options
    Im hoping to do the same! That is, if I have any money left over after saving up for this birth. :P
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Would love to know your xp. So far it has been nothing but beneficial for me.

GL 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doula luckily offers it as well, and I'm really interested to see how it turns out. All of my friends and coworkers already think I'm a nut (a lovable nut, but still a nut) because I'm a nurse who's "into all of that weird natural stuff" so I've kind of enjoyed when they find out I'm doing it. They usually just chuckle and shake their heads. 
  • Options

FYI... it's not that hard to do yourself, especially if DH is willing to help. I did it myself, and the supplies might have cost me $25, probably less.

FWIW I think that it has helped tremendously! And would recommend it for everyone that is interested! 

Mom to 3 wonderful Free Birthed kiddos
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"