1st Trimester

Baby bump or fat? (Pic included)

I dunno what to think other than I am WAY too early to be showing with my first.  I am only 8 wks 4 days.  This little bump has been here for several days and doesn't go away even when I haven't eaten in a while or right after a BM (sorry TMI).  I cannot suck it in and it feels awfully firm.  I dunno though maybe I'm just eating too much and getting fat as that is a definite possibility, lol.

What is your opinion?

8 weeks 4 days

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby bump or fat? (Pic included)

• It is most definitely your baby bump! I am only 5 weeks and I had a "pooch" before I was prego but its starting to poke out more.

Congrats!

• imageSaraRamon:

It is most definitely your baby bump! I am only 5 weeks and I had a "pooch" before I was prego but its starting to poke out more.

Congrats!

um, no. 

It's bloat. 

• Loading the player...
  • I am 8 weeks 1 day and I have a similar bump (it's firm too, and doesn't go away either)!! I think it's the start of our baby bumps! :)

• imageSaraRamon:

It is most definitely your baby bump! I am only 5 weeks and I had a "pooch" before I was prego but its starting to poke out more.

Congrats!

No. At 5 weeks, your ute is tucked snugly in your pelvis. That "bump" is bloat.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
    Baby Squirt- September 2009
    Baby Turtle- May 2010
    Baby Surprise- August 2011
  • bloat.

you'll know the bump when it arrives, closer to 15 weeks.

• I would say it's bloat this early.
  • I agree with OPP.  It's probably bloat as I am having the same issue.  I think I have been bloated since I found out!!! Eww...I just had mini throw up in my throat and I am nauseous now (sorry)

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"--Eleanor Roosevelt Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • It's probably not the baby, but definitely because of the baby! (eating more, bloating, retaining water)

I'm 7 weeks, and my pants have been unbuttoned for 3 weeks now.

My sweet girl born April 17, 2011. http://i52.tinypic.com/dzw4md.jpg
  • Thanks everyone!  I figured as much (that it was bloat/fat and not baby), but I didn't know if you had similar belly issues.  However, it is enough to make everyone else THINK that it's baby!  Haha!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebonniewallace:
    Thanks everyone!  I figured as much (that it was bloat/fat and not baby), but I didn't know if you had similar belly issues.  However, it is enough to make everyone else THINK that it's baby!  Haha!

eh, its bloat caused by being pregnant therefore I like to think of it as my baby bump.  Makes me feel better about it. Embrace your bloat :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Bloat like everyone said.  I have been pretty poochy myself, totally can't suck it in anymore and I have been using rubberbands as stretchy buttons for a few days now, lol.   Most of my gf's didn't have an actual bump until 13 weeks or so.
  • Bloat!!!!!!!!  I have it too.
  • At 10 weeks, I'd like to think mine is baby bump, but it's really all the bagels and chocolate milk. Stick out tongue

Photobucket
  • imagecruelsound:
    imagekdodge423:

Bloat or fat. Your uterus is within your pelvis until 12 weeks.

Between this and the other pregnancy board I'm on, I can't tell you how many times I've said this same thing to someone.

This is a really helpful chart for the majority of people! I am almost 16 weeks with my 1st and at my last appt (at 14 weeks) the top of my uterus was already in line with my navel. Women all carry different.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageskells:
    imagecruelsound:
    imagekdodge423:

Bloat or fat. Your uterus is within your pelvis until 12 weeks.

Between this and the other pregnancy board I'm on, I can't tell you how many times I've said this same thing to someone.

This is a really helpful chart for the majority of people! I am almost 16 weeks with my 1st and at my last appt (at 14 weeks) the top of my uterus was already in line with my navel. Women all carry different.

I agree. I just had my ultrasound today and baby was closer to the 16 week mark. And I will be 13 weeks tomorrow. 

Mommy to Dylan. Visit my blog @ www.seathelove.com Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm so tired of the party poopers.  I say, have fun and call it your bump!  We should have as much fun with our pregnancies as possible and it's your first after all!  We just had this discussion on the April Mom board and some of us came to the conclusion that either way, it's being CAUSED by your tiny embryo, so call it what you want.  :)  I say, that's one nice bump!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageCakerQueen:

It's probably not the baby, but definitely because of the baby! (eating more, bloating, retaining water)

I'm 7 weeks, and my pants have been unbuttoned for 3 weeks now.

Yes. This. I don't think you can come up with a better way to put it Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"