D.C. Area Babies

Pancakes

So I used to have a DD chest - not the perkiest, but respectably buoyant.  While I nursed/pumped they went to a DDD.  Now they're downright sad -  like deflated water balloons.  They won't even stay in my bras, rather spill out the sides, middle, top, etc.  Very sad . . . wonder if I should get a lift after we're done with kids.  If I don't they'll certainly be around my ankles by the time I'm 40.    
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pancakes

• I say plan on getting the lift.  That's my plan for when we're finished with kids.  In the meantime, have you tried getting specially fitted for a bra at a place like Trousseau?  They helped me out when I needed a bigger bra during the pregnancy and I plan to go back as soon as I'm out of nursing bras and camis...
  • Loading the player...
  • what about doing chest exercises to strengthen the muscles above your breasts and thus lift them up? anyone tried this? I've been either pg or nursing or both since Jan 2008 and what my boobs will look like when I'm done nursing this one (our last) is one of my concerns. (Along with my 1st pp AF, haven't had one of those either).
  • I had a small chest to start with. The situation is quite sad now. There's nothing attractive about small deflated boobs. I'm definitely getting them done after I'm done having babies. By done I mean silicone :) 

My SIL is very large busted and is now an F while nursing. She has been having back problems because they're so heavy and her OB told her she should be able to get a lift covered by her health insurance.

Married 7.9.05
    DD1 9.24.06
    DS 7.1.08
    twins due 9.7.11 lost twin A at
    DD2 4.7.12
  • Same here, though I'm too wimpy to undergo elective surgery.  Sorry DH.  Sorry self.  I think "the girls" are just going to have to stay droopy from here on out. 
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • imageArtslvr:
    Same here, though I'm too wimpy to undergo elective surgery.  Sorry DH.  Sorry self.  I think "the girls" are just going to have to stay droopy from here on out. 

Yeah, I've seen people recovering from surgery and - ouch. I'll settle for exorbitant prices on really good bras.  I don't feel too sorry for DH though, for a little while they were pretty spectacular.

The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageeeclem:

imageArtslvr:
    Same here, though I'm too wimpy to undergo elective surgery.  Sorry DH.  Sorry self.  I think "the girls" are just going to have to stay droopy from here on out. 

Yeah, I've seen people recovering from surgery and - ouch. I'll settle for exorbitant prices on really good bras.  I don't feel too sorry for DH though, for a little while they were pretty spectacular.

I agree with all this! After one and nursing for 6 months pancakes is a good way to describe them...and I want to do all that 2 more times! I'm way too scared to get the lift though - and DH is nice enough to pretend they're still spectacular!

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagesmaher:
    So I used to have a DD chest - not the perkiest, but respectably buoyant.  While I nursed/pumped they went to a DDD.  Now they're downright sad -  like deflated water balloons.  They won't even stay in my bras, rather spill out the sides, middle, top, etc.  Very sad . . . wonder if I should get a lift after we're done with kids.  If I don't they'll certainly be around my ankles by the time I'm 40.    

Same here, although they did perk right back up about 12 weeks into this pregnancy and now look like the champs that they are again.  I'm hoping the pancake stage is just temporary after we are don having kids and that they eventually regain some shape... elective surgery will probably not be in my future.

• You guys are making me cry. My boobs have always been my pride and joy - they're big (36D) but proportionate, perky and well shaped.  

I'm already up to 38DD with this pregnancy, and am planning to BF. So I am guessing that I should say goodbye to my pride and joy.

Why did I never get boudoir pics taken when they were at their best? Sigh.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • so..... if my boobs haven't grown at all this pregnancy, do i stand any hope that they won't be pancakes after breast feeding?

presumably it's partly due to the extra skin from being bigger right? and when the milk is gone there's nothing to fill that stretched skin...? so what if they never get huge?

yes, i realize this is all probably a pipe dream, but a girl can hope....Stick out tongue

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I don't know who told me - maybe my OB? - but BF-ing is not necessarily what causes sagging breasts.  You can formula feed from Day One and still have your breasts sag after pregnancy.

Here's an excerpt from some random website (it didn't look like any kind of expert site or anything, but closely resembles what my OB or whatever doctor told me...)

Breast involution is a process where the milk-making system inside the breast shrinks because it is not needed anymore. This happens either after weaning, or right after pregnancy if the woman does not breastfeed at all, or during menopause. When the tissues inside the breast shrink, and the skin surrounding it doesn't, the breast can look "empty" and saggy. After weaning, a woman's body does usually deposit fat back to the breast (this process takes months), so that breasts will gain their pre-pregnancy size, but sagging usually remains.

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • zerf - you may be ok.  Mine didn't grow that much during pregnancy and I BF.  Now while they are not as perky as before, I don't have pancakes.  I was a respectable C during pg and now after. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagekatezta:
    zerf - you may be ok.  Mine didn't grow that much during pregnancy and I BF.  Now while they are not as perky as before, I don't have pancakes.  I was a respectable C during pg and now after. 

I want my reply to create awareness, not panic, so keep that in mind. My breasts did not grow during pregnancy, and I subsequently had critically low milk supply, and one of the LC checklist questions was, "Did your breasts grow in pregnancy?" and "no" is a red flag. I'm glad to hear it worked out OK for katezta but it didn't for me. Just something to file away in case you run into this issue down the line.

And my barely Bs are pathetic now. I am rethinking my whole philosophy on cosmetic surgery. But I'd totally do my abs first.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageDCtoLowcountry:

imagekatezta:
    zerf - you may be ok.  Mine didn't grow that much during pregnancy and I BF.  Now while they are not as perky as before, I don't have pancakes.  I was a respectable C during pg and now after. 

I want my reply to create awareness, not panic, so keep that in mind. My breasts did not grow during pregnancy, and I subsequently had critically low milk supply, and one of the LC checklist questions was, "Did your breasts grow in pregnancy?" and "no" is a red flag. I'm glad to hear it worked out OK for katezta but it didn't for me. Just something to file away in case you run into this issue down the line.

And my barely Bs are pathetic now. I am rethinking my whole philosophy on cosmetic surgery. But I'd totally do my abs first.

thanks for this! i never would have thought about non-growth being related to poor milk production, but it's good to know!

i haven't gained much weight yet thanks to the morning sickness so hopefully once i put on some more i'll get some growth. dh thinks they've gotten bigger but i haven't noticed and haven't needed to go up a bra size yet. not that growth is a guarantee of successful BFing either, but might as well check one red flag off the list. Smile

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"