Potty Training
Options

naps and bedtime?

How are you handling these?  We were following the 3 day plan so diapers are gone.  The first 2 days no accidents in bed cause she would go right before we put her down.

Today is day 5 and naps have been pushed off and bedtime too the past 2 days cause she won't go.  I don't know how to handle it!  I don't want to keep her up but I don't want her to wet the bed either.  I feel like she is holding it in.  I have tried running water too to help her go.  Last night we tried a few times and ended up just putting her to bed an hour after her bedtime.  Then I woke her up and hour later and she sat on the toilet no problem but wouldn't go.  Then she of course wet her bed... we went in an hour before she normally wakes up and it was already wet.  :(

I feel so lost and don't know what to do :(  Any help?

Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011

Re: naps and bedtime?

• Options
    DS PT at 18 months (day, naps and night) and we just use a diaper cover for over this underwear to protect his bedding.  Granted, in the begining, he would wet but after a week he was clear on naps.  It took a while for bedtime (he sleeps 12 hours but we noticed right away he'd have spots not full on wetting).  What we did was wake him up before we went to bed to go potty or we would just wake him up when we woke up for work (which is 5:30 am- he wakes up at 7:30 am) and have him go and go back to bed.  After about 2 weeks of this we just stopped and he wakes up dry.  There are times when he wakes up in the middle of the night asking to go (we have a monitor on him).
  • Options

We are following 3 day and I have not re read the part of night time. But we do not use pull ups or wake him up. Going before nap as worked and he wakes up dry. Bedtime we go before and he does go. But he will go a little everytime he sits on the potty. Sometimes he wakes in the night wet. I change him have him potty and back to bed. He will still wet the bed again by morning. I have tried not giving him anything to drink after dinner but it doesn't seem to be helping.

I feel like he will just get it one day.Decide he doesn't want to be wet and either get up and go or hold it.  I don't mind washing the sheets. I need to read again what to do next.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"