Postpartum Depression

Just when I thought I was "better"

I felt normal for the first time in a long time when I became pregnant with DS. After having him, I still felt wonderful. I began to think I was finally cured and that I could even start to go off the 10 mg of prozac I've been taking daily for about 3 years now. Well, the last month or so I have started feeling depressed again. I initally thought it was my period or problems DH and I have been going through, but I think my depression is back. I had terrible anxiety for 5 years before starting the prozac and i am terrified that it will come back with the depression. I've tried many meds and prozac was the only thing that worked for me. This low dose seemed to "do the trick." I am very sensitive to medication and was getting terrible side effects from everything else I tried. Am I really only going to feel normal when i'm pregnant and right after? I hate being like this and want to go back to feeling happy again. Thanks for letting me vent. It's just so frustrating to see my symptoms return after so much time. My doctor did say that postpartum can hit up to 18 months after birth.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Just when I thought I was "better"

• I would recommend staying on Prozac. Once I was put back  on it mydoc even said it would be for life since It seems to be a repeating cycle. Its very mild so maybe stay on it just to be safe. I mean you can use it during pregnancy and BF. Hope you feel better. Therapy helps a lot for me..... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"