Maryland Babies

Day Care Users

I have a question...

DS is moving up to the infant 2 room on Monday.  He isn't going tomorrow so today is his last day in the infant 1 room.  Should I get something for the teachers, a gift?  He was in infant 1 room for 5 months.

I was going to write them out a nice personal thank you card and bring a box of munchkins this morning.  To "celebrate" his last day.

Any ideas??  Thank you.  My husband of course thinks its dumb that we pay a ton and that is enough.  Obviously not helpful(:

Not that it matters but we pay for full time and at most use it 2-3 days a week):  Nice right?  

-Kim 

Re: Day Care Users

• I think this is a nice idea. I'm sure they'll appreciate a nice note and a little treat. Yeah, husbands don't understand this kind of stuff. My thought on the matter is that, it doesn't matter how much money you spend to send them there, you want the people who work there to feel appreciated. When people feel appreciated, they are generally happier in their job, and, I think, it shows in how they do their job. I think doing things that make your and your child's relationship with the daycare provider better is worth it.

Oh, I would also write a nice note about them and give it to the director - even if it is a copy of the letter you gave them. This could go toward them getting a promotion or pay raise when the time comes.

Sophia moved up too, but our drop off room is still her old room, so she still hangs out with her old teachers every morning, so I haven't done anything for them yet.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you note and munchkins is a great idea.  At our daycare, DD moves up w./ her teacher until she "graduates" to the two's room, so we will get her teacher something when she graduates.  We gave her cash at Christmas and some cookies/sweet stuff for her birthday last year and for teacher appreciation I brought flowers and donuts one day for the whole room.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you!  I was feeling a little unsure and you and my sister confirmed my plan.  Yeah.  

I totally agree.  It is a person taking care of you child.  They deserve a little appreciation here and there.  

It is the same at his school, he will be in the same area.  The infant rooms are split up by half walls.  So they will all still be around.  I just wanted to kind of mark the day.  Too bad I forgot my wallet(:  I could only afford a half box of munchkins....oh well its the thought.

Thanks again. 
  • You are doing more than  most people do, so I wouldn't worry about it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Thank you

I really do appreciate them.  I am so pleased with the dcp and I want them to know.  From some stuff they said I do not they do not get payed very well so I want them to know they are appreciated.  

Everyone likes to be appreciated, right?  Ugh if i am worried about this, I do not even want to think about Xmas presents(:  Thanks Kathryn, (just kidding)!!  (:

• DH and I try to spoil our DCPs.  They spend as much time with our daughter as we do every workday.  I want them to know that I appreciate how well they care for my daughter...  And I am not above a little bribes.  (Ummm.... I mean gifts!) 

I bring them Iced Coffee Drinks on Friday afternoons.  (They aren't allow hot beverages in the class room.)  There is a brand new chick-fil-a by the center, so I may get them milk shakes next week.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • So I went with munchkins in the morning and Vaccoros cookies in the afternoon(:  There is a big room divided into 3 sections so there are a lot of teachers in the area!!  

Finishing up the thank you cards to send along and then to pick up my little dude(: 

• Aw this post makes me want to bring something to DD's place on her first day on Monday.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • @ Autumn you'll probably have your hands full on the first day with all the gear to need to cart in.  I would suggest waiting until the last day of the first week as a "Thanks for helping us with the DC transition," type gift.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageweezie825:

@ Autumn you'll probably have your hands full on the first day with all the gear to need to cart in.  I would suggest waiting until the last day of the first week as a "Thanks for helping us with the DC transition," type gift.

Thanks Weezie.  We are actually dropping off most all of her stuff this afternoon there, but I know Monday will be a transition for all of us, so your're right in thinking I should wait until Friday.  Although she'll be off there on Friday next week, but I will definitely think of something to do to thank them for the hopefully nice transition!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • When DD moved up mid year to a new room (like from 6 mos to 1 year or 18 mos) I gave the teachers in those rooms thank you cards with a personal note and a small gift card to Target or something like that.  For her 2 year old "graduation" this past spring I wrote memos to file for the two teachers that she spent pretty much the entire year with.  They were intended for their personnel files and were glowing with praise and good reviews (I loved her teachers there).  I also gave them Target gift cards as well.  I never did the food thing (other than a box of chocolate from a local candy store for Christmas) as I know some people are strange about that but I think a hand written personal note goes a long way and is cheap!
  • I never gave a gift when she moved up.  I did give a gift when we recently left her center after 4 years there.  I gave gifts at holidays though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"