December 2010 Moms
Options

Nursery PiP: Almost Finished!!!

I put some handmade decals on the chest of drawers that Mr.MM painted.

Here is a picture of the decals over the window, on the chest of drawers and the new rug to warm the place up.

Then we have the hand painted canvases over the crib. 

And the decals over the closet. 

All we need now is the glider which will be put in the corner where the travel system currently sits. And a picture frame that will hang over the chest of drawers. I can't believe it's pretty much finished!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nursery PiP: Almost Finished!!!

• Options

That looks good! Don't feel bad PP, I haven't even taken our crib out of the box yet, lol.

Where did you get the lamp from? I'm looking for something similar...

• Options
    imagestbmittleman:

That looks good! Don't feel bad PP, I haven't even taken our crib out of the box yet, lol.

Where did you get the lamp from? I'm looking for something similar...

I got the lamp from Target. It was a great price! It inspired my color scheme.. that and being team purple.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You did an amazing job!! Did you end up making those decals out of contact papers, or something else??  I think they are adorable!
  • Options

imagebubbles231211:
    You did an amazing job!! Did you end up making those decals out of contact papers, or something else??  I think they are adorable!

Oh those decals were a pain in the ute!!!

The first batch which are the bigger ones that are on the chest and changing table were made with just contact paper and acrylic paint. I had to do about a million coats of paint to get a solid color. When I finished them and put the on the walls, it was a matter of hours and they started rolling up on the edges. 

The ones that are above the window and closet are made from painted cardstock that I modge podged onto the contact paper, which were then sealed with modge podge and then hung. It took forever to get them to flatten out and I still had to use sticky tack on some of the parts that were lifting off the wall. 

As much of a pain that it was, I would totally do it again. I guess I'm a glutten for punishment. I think I'm going to make some for my sister since she is doing pink dots on her bedding. 

• Options
    Very cute ma'am.  We bought the flooring this weekend so we can take the carpet out of Jude's room and decided to just get rid of the carpet in the whole house.  Big project on the way.  Other then changing the floor in the room all I have to do now is paint the rocking chair.  I guess I could post some pics.  I will work on that this weekend.
  • Options
    imagejmm881:

Oh wow....the dots are homemade....I would never have guessed and I'm even more impressed now! Way to go!

Yup. So was the canvases. I couldn't find anything I liked in the colors I wanted. Pretty much everything for little girls was all pink or too frilly. I like that it is something that she can grow into. After all the work, that shiit is staying up for a few years.

• Options

imageSuperClou83:
    Very cute ma'am.  We bought the flooring this weekend so we can take the carpet out of Jude's room and decided to just get rid of the carpet in the whole house.  Big project on the way.  Other then changing the floor in the room all I have to do now is paint the rocking chair.  I guess I could post some pics.  I will work on that this weekend.

I want to see Peectures!!! 

• Options
    Lookin good!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow! Nice work! You crafty people and your basically *FINISHED* nurseries... I bought paint... that's where I'm at with my nursery project.Embarrassed
    Photobucket Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    cute! Our nursery theme right now is laundry :0)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Everything looks so great!

Married 11-8-08
    DS born 12-10-10
    DD born 11-5-12
    Boy/girl twins arrived 10-10-14!
  • Options
    Very cute! I love the decals!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP Oct. 2010-MC & D&C Dec. 2010 BFP March 2011-Cooper born Dec. 6, 2011 weighing 9 lbs 1/2 oz. Suprise BFP May 27th 2012 - Sawyer born Jan. 20, 2013 weighing 8 lbs 9 oz. ?
  • Options
    It looks great!
  • Options
    I love it!!  I'm so glad you got your diy dot decals to work.  They look 100% professional, they definitely look like they work worth the effort.
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"