Washington Babies
Options

Taking a poll for my BIL :)

Re: Taking a poll for my BIL :)

• Options
    You need an option that reads: I'd rather leave him alone in the backyard with a bowl of cheerios and some water, and hope for the best.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMrsEditorJax:
    You need an option that reads: I'd rather leave him alone in the backyard with a bowl of cheerios and some water, and hope for the best.

OMG I love you!  LoL

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would be ok (not thrilled, but OK) with them staying here with Ben, but not Ben in their (smokey stinky) house.  And I'm not ready to let them watch Cooper.  My parents no problem.
  • Options

My special snowflake:  I would love to, but MIL has MS and is worried about being able to handle the baby for too long.  We are going to do some short stints where she is going to try to babysit and see how she feels afterward, as she gets tired so easily.  She is more comfortable with older kids, so K will get more time with her as she gets older I bet. 

But as for safety, how much she loves K, how she does with kids - no issues there. 

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Dh father yes he is ok. He will call the second she cries and we will have to pick her up. But for that 3 mins she would be ok.

DH mom. Hell to the no! She is a freakymess. The cheerios and water would watch her better

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I would and have but ONLY when there's no other options available.

• Options

Leave like for the day?  Or leave overnight?  Because it depends greatly.  I think in either case I'd be ok with IL's watching him.  They have watched him numerous times at our house, and a few at SIL's house. 

I have left Tristen with my parents for 4 nights in a row without hesitation. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    As much as my ILs drive me batty (more in attitude than anything), I trust them with G and actually give my MIL little projects when she goes to stay with them. Like when she was a baby, get her to hold her own bottle. This last week was 'get her to take her milk cold and kick the bottle" - we got the milk cold part down but still working on the morning/evening bottle.  Now if you are talking about my SIL - one is okay but no longer than 24 hours and the other no way in heck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I voted special snowflake since my IL's are divorced and the answer is different for each of them.

My MIL, without blinking an eye. She is absolutely wonderful and I trust her 100%. I know she'll take amazing care of Madeline some day.

My FIL, HELL NO! He is drunk/drinking 90% of the time and smokes like a chimney. He's a really "rough" guy and I wouldn't trust him to watch her for even a minute. Thankfully TJ agrees that his dad will never be left alone with her.

ETA: I'd also leave her with my BIL. He loves kids and is going to be a really awesome uncle.

TTC #1 Sept 2008
    M/C 9/21/09 | M/C 12/24/09 | BFP 1/23/10
    Madeline Rey DOB 9/30/10
    TTC # 2 Jan 2013
    BFP 3/12/13 | EDD 11/18/13
    It's a GIRL! Lydia Marie!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    6 mo ago yes, but after fil basically told me I was just a walking womb for his grandchildren he will be lucky if he ever even gets to see a picture of baby #2!  I never will be in a room with him again.., and that goes for my children too!
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • Options

imageMrsEditorJax:

:-)

photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

If it were my inlaws:  FVCK NO.

If it were DH's in laws: In a heartbeat. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    I would, but only if FIL was there. I won't leave him with just my MIL at this point. I don't think she pays enough attention to him, and I don't want her smoking around him!
    The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Options

I was reluctant to leave DS with MIL, she is a nurse but sort of wacky.  My Mom usually watches DS but was on vacation so I called MIL and she came up from CA to watch him.  Turns out she did a wonderful job and I would ask her back in a heart beat.  FIL is not very attentive so probaby not alone, with MIL would be fine.  Since they live in CA it would always be at our house which is a plus.

• Options

I am lucky to have great ILs, MIL has come to stay with Max a few times when my work schedule was different than normal or when I went to that wedding in May. I would also trust BIL and his fiancee completely.

Loving CG and Jenn's answers!

Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Options
    imageMrsEditorJax:
    . Haha, this!!
  • Options

Not your In-Laws!!!!  Oh wait that you would be you BIL's parents.  hmmmm  yea no way in hell would I leave them with your In law's!! 

Now my MIL and BIL, yes.   My FIL, no way!

DH-NOA confirmed with TESE, ME-Unexplained After 1 Miscarriage, 6 IUI's, our little miracles are here. Proud Parents of Twins. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    We're Finally Three
  • Options
    imagecinema_goddess:

If it were my inlaws:  FVCK NO.

If it were DH's in laws: In a heartbeat. 

Tee Hee And THIS but only for my mom~!

DH-NOA confirmed with TESE, ME-Unexplained After 1 Miscarriage, 6 IUI's, our little miracles are here. Proud Parents of Twins. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    We're Finally Three
  • Options

My parents, maybe -- They care greatly, but i'm not sure it's the best situation for a little one.  When the child gets older, perhaps.  Any of my sisters would be fine.

His parents --  His mom, yes.  His dad, nope, unless his mom was there, too, or when they are older -- elementary age.  Kids love him, but he's not very attentive.  His bro, nope, but his cousins would be fine.

Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Options
    My parents I wouldn't hesitate but IL's only if we were desperate! The IL's live 4 hrs away thankfully so they're not really around to rely on anyway. Plus FIL swears far too much & watches TV far too much to leave any impressionable kid with him anyway!
    collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • Options
    special snowflake:  My in-laws, maybe for a bit but not for several hours.  My husband's in-laws (aka my parents) - we do all the time.  Overnight and everything.  ;)

• Options
    I said yes, because I'd leave LO with MIL because she is one of my best friends, and she runs a daycare and has been doing it for 25 years.

FIL. Hell no. MIL wouldn't even leave him alone with their own kids.
  • Options

Regarding my hypothetical future children:

My FIL and step MIL, yes with no hesitation.  

MIL?  Probably not for long periods of time until they can talk & walk.  She gets flustered really easily, I'm honestly concerned about early onset Alzheimer's.... I'm not sure how good she'd be with an infant.  Maybe I'll feel differently if we have kids and see her with them.

Married ~ August 5, 2006 I Welcomed our baby girl March 16, 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Man I guess I am really lucky! 

John's mom would take really good care of them. She smokes but would never smoke around them and takes her jacket off outside and comes in  washes her hands and face before she is by the kids.

Same for my mom exactly.

My dad- no, but I do trust him more now than ever! 

I can not wait to hear Justine's answer. 

• Options

My In-laws Helll Yes I would leave LO with them.

DH MIL Helll to the NO! I would much rather do the cheerios and a bowl of water than leave LO with my mother.

DH FIL and SMIL Helll Yes. They are both so excited about this and my stepmom has already started crocheting stuff.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    I said no because, a. they're in TX, b. they're 80 years old, and c. they're not at all in good health.  Not a great recipe for good babysitters.
  • Options

FIL and step MIL - yes, in a heartbeat. They have a 10-year-old son, and I consider them to be still in 'the trenches'. They know their stuff - no worrying.

MIL - only at my house and only for a little bit if I absolutely had to. Otherwise, I'd leave E with her and my guy, but still worry a little.

BIL - when he was alive...hell to the no. He could barely take care of himself.

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • Options

imageMrsEditorJax:

This. Exactly.  

• Options
    Special snowflake:  It depends on what in-laws and for how long.  My MIL or FIL, sure...as long as its not longer then maybe a short date night. Long enough for a work day? No.  SIL, again maybe for a short time with DD who is 6, but not with the baby after she is born.  BIL, absolutely not.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"