High-Risk Pregnancy

GD ladies... name 5 things besides eggs/meat/nuts to eat for protein please:-(

omg I am soooo tired of eggs and its only been a week, and peanut butter, and nuts. and i was never a big meat eater before preg. but im working more of that in of course for the baby. my sugars are mostly out of whack b/c of difficulty pairing carbs with protein for EVERY meal or snack. I cant eat any more Peanut Butter. sometimes my husband is like I smell like peanut butter hehe. any suggestions???

i just came back from store with a protein shake, a protein bar, low carb yogurt and more dreadful eggs of course....

also anyone know a good recipe for egg salad?

thanks for the support in advance. :-)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers image image image

Re: GD ladies... name 5 things besides eggs/meat/nuts to eat for protein please:-(

• 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with some fruit?  I had this with a sliced peach today.  Delicious!
    mmc @ 14 weeks - November 2009. Missed every day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 15DPO:461 17DPO (47hrs later):1380
  • cheddar cheese/apple slices, cottage cheese and fruit, quesadilla . . .just a few thoughts.  I, too, am so DONE with eggs!  Even the smell of them cooking is sometimes too much!  Good luck :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Cheese and beans! Not the best friends of a pregnant lady but if you can get past the gas they are really easy to eat. Or tofu but if you get queasy at all I'd stay away from it! I usually cut up some cheese, add some crackers, and some type of fruit. Oh and V8 came out with a protein shake in two different fruit flavors (its in the juice isle). I use to do personal training and am trying to pack on the 50lbs my high risk OB wants me to gain! lol I feel your pain! I have had an issue with anything poultry since I got pregnant!

• Carrots with hummus.

Fruit or wheat thins with low-fat mini babybell cheese.

Greek yogurt has more protein than regular yogurt and my nutritionist said you can eat it on its own as a balanced carb.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have wondered this myself!!  I am so sick of eggs and peanut butter! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So with you on the cottage cheese!  I have some for my evening snack with blueberries or a little sugar free jelly.  If you're not a big meat eater (I'm a veggie) you can try Morningstar "chicken patties,"  Garden burgers.  Be sure to check the carbs on the box, they may count as 1 carb choice.

Good luck 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"