March 2011 Moms
Options

Heartbeat too fast?

Yesterday I had an ultrasound because they couldn't find the HB on the Doppler. They measured the heartbeat at 186bpm. BUT the baby has been a wiggle worm ever since the first u/s which was at 10w which it measured at 9w3d. Yesterday they measured the baby at 11w1d. The doctor wasn't worried and said "this is what we like to see" But that seems really high! Should I be worried? How fast was your babies HB?

Re: Heartbeat too fast?

• Options
    Dont worry. I was 188 and the baby was going nuts. I read up and it said it would speed up when they are active
  • Options
    Mine was 171 at 9w4d and it wasn't doing a whole lot of moving.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My baby's heartrate was calculated to be 171 bpm, also fairly fast.  They assured me it was normal, strong, and healthy!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If your doctor isn't worried, than you shouldn't be worried.  It will slow down as the baby gets bigger.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was an even 180bmp at 8 weeks and the baby wasn't moving, just hanging out
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This LO's HB was in the 150's but DS's was in the 180's.  I think it is completely normal.  Plus like PP said, if you Dr. is not worried then you are fine! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mine was 161 :D but the tech said my baby was a mean lil thing cause the baby kept moving  outta the way lol
  • Options
    Mine was 166 at 10w4d and the u/s tech said that this would probably be the fastest that it will be...it usually slows down as the baby grows.
  • Options

Haha! I had my NT scan and when I told DH the heartrate was 173 his eyes almost bugged out of his head and he was like "is that okay?".

The tech seemed happy about the heartrate.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Our LO's was 179, and the doctor said average was generally between 175 and 180. So I would think an HB in the 180s would not be out of the norm.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"