Multiples
Options

Vaginal Birth Twin Mommas come in

Ok so both babies have been and still were today head down and they are low.
After todays appointment it made me feel like I want and can handle the vaginal birth. I have a 6 year old daughter and had her vaginally and it went great so I know I can do it again.

Tell me your stories and share experiences!

TIA!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Vaginal Birth Twin Mommas come in

• Options

Hi!

I also have a six year old daughter that I gave birth to vaginally and was able to vaginally deliver the twins as well.

My delivery with the twins went great. Of course there was some worry of baby B flipping once I delivered A but my OB was able to guide baby B right down and she was born about 20 minutes later. After baby A was born the thought of pushing out another was horrible because I was exhausted and it hurt so much but I did it and am glad that I did. Recovery was great...easier than when I gave birth to my singleton. All in all it was a really good experience. You can do it!  :)

• Options

You can do it!

I was induced at 39 weeks.  Both were head down to the point that the OB said they were fighting for the #1 spot.  Exactly 10 minutes pushing and out came DD.  Unfortunately DS did cartwheels to have the suite to himself and settled transverse.  Then came 45 minutes of very intense pushing, the nurses arguing with the doc wanting me to have an emergency c/s, but the doc knew I was determined and the baby's heart rate was fine.  DH got behind me and pushed me from behind while a nurse had her forearm on my stomach, feet off the ground pushing DS.  After 30ish minutes and no progress I (apparently- don't recall) asked the anesthesiologist to "be a dear and turn the F*#$! ing epidural off so I can hear my son telling me he's coming out."

Once I felt the contractions I did better, but still required the vacuum.  But I did it!  Or rather I did it with the OB, DH, 3 nurse,and a dear of an anesthesiologist.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was induced at 37w6d. Both babies were head-down when the induction started. About 9 hrs after they started the Pitocin, I was ready to push. After 3 hrs of pushing, baby A was born. Then the OB did a u/s and discovered that Baby B had flipped to breech! So he did a breech extraction, and B was born 7 minutes after his brother.

Baby B had been flipping back and forth between vertex and breech so we knew this was a possibility. I had actually switched to an OB who was comfortable and experienced in doing breech extractions so we were prepared. 

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    You can do it!  Esp. since you've already had a vag birth, I'm sure this one will be easier.  Both my boys were head down and they had to be vacuumed, but overall a good birth experience - they were 13 min. apart.  Had a hard recovery b/c I tore a lot.  But with my daughter, it was the easiest birth and recovery - they say b/c the boys had already paved the way.  Good luck, I hope you're able to go for it!
  • Options
    You can do it! Especially since you've delivered vaginally before. I was actually leaning toward a c/s most of pregnancy purely out of fear of the double whammy delivery. However, in my case, A was vertex, B was breech and my ob calls that the 'optimal' position for vaginal because if there's any risk for baby b, they can just pull him out by his feet. I was induced at 36 wks due to complications. after breaking my water, I was fully dilated within 3 hours, and pushed out baby A in only 20 minutes. B was pulled out immediately and I just pushed twice for his head! I am SO glad I did not elect for a c/s. I know luck has a lot to do with it, but still -I'm happy to moving around well, nit on any pain meds, very little soreness, etc. Good luck!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers twins born at 36 wks Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am so glad you posted this!  I was about to do the same.
  • Options
    Thanks for the stories ladies!
  • Options

I was dead set against a c-section unless absolutely necessary.   Had a rough delivery of DD, 3.5 hrs of pushing, but I wanted to do it again.

My baby A was breech for most of my pregnancy, but then my vertex baby B took the presenting position, and at 37 weeks, baby A flipped to head down.

Went for induction at 38 weeks, and I was 4cm when I got to the hospital.  At 8:10pm I was rushed to the OR to push.  By 8:22pm and just a few contractions later, I had 2 more kids.  They practically fell out, and my OB said she had never seen a faster twin delivery in her entire career.

I barely tore and recovery was a breeze - so much better than the first time.

You can do this. GL!

• Options
    I was induced at 38w1d.  A was head down, B was breech.  My doc was comfortable with a breech delivery for B.  Turns out after I delivered A, B flipped to head down position and I was able to push him out.  Both needed forceps to be delivered.  And I had an episiotomy.  And right after I delivered placentas I hemorrhaged and required rescucitation and 4 blood transfusions (I lost half my blood volume).  I guess my uterus wouldn't contract.  I had a pretty rough recovery, but that was from the blood loss, not the vaginal delivery.   
    IVF #3 10/09 BFP! 12dp3dt Beta #1 = 319 14dp3dt Beta #2 = 565 21dp3dt Beta #3 = 10,475! u/s showed twins!! IVF 12/12 BFP! image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

You can do it!!

I had my twin boys at 35 w 5 d after my water broke at home.  Baby A had been head down for awhile and Baby B had always been transverse.  After Baby A was delivered, my doctor used an ultrasound machine on me to see what Baby B's position was and turned him head down externally.  Baby B flipped head down.  I did regress back to 8 cm after Baby A was delivered and had to re-labor until I was fully dialated again but I had an epidural and it wasn't a big deal for me.  Baby B delivered perfectly and I couldn't have asked for a better situation.

Good luck!!

• Options

They broke my water as one of the twin was suspected of reversing blood flow at 37 weeks 3 days.

Both babies were head down, one I was fully dilated I pushed for around an hour (I think) because of the issue of blood reversal the OB used the forceps to deliver A and then B was born around 10 minutes afterwards with forceps also.

Everything turned out fine- I had no idea what to expect as I had never given birth before, but I'm glad I was able to have a vaginal delivery :)

• Options

They broke my water at 37 weeks 3 days.

Both babies were head down, one I was fully dilated I pushed for around an hour and a half then the OB used the forceps to help deliver A and then B was born around 10 minutes afterwards with forceps also.

Everything turned out fine- I had no idea what to expect as I had never given birth before, but I'm glad I was able to have a vaginal delivery :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"