TTC after 35
Options

Aggravated!!! :(

Every had one of those weeks when nothing goes right??  That is me this week!  Our next doc visit was to be on Sept 18th, to discuss my blood test, DH sa test and to do an internal ultrasound.  They called yesterday and the ultrasound tech will be out that day, so we had to rescheudle it for the 29th, GRRRR!!!!  Then DH was going to do the SA tommorrow, so I call today to set everything up, yep they don't do it on Wednesday, his only day off, and they open up at 7am one day a week, yeah that not going to work either, DH goes in at 6:30 and don't get off until sometimes after 5pm, GRRR!!!  So I guess I can take it in for him, but it will costs us $125, yeah, not quite expecting that amount!!!  I did check on my tests they took a two weeks ago (adreline test, thryroid test, and some other test), they came back in range but said they would discuss further when we come in at end of September.  I am just really aggravated today!!!!

Re: Aggravated!!! :(

• Options
    OK, I got aggravated reading that....when it rains it pours. Hang in there and good luck with the testing. I'm glad everything else came back within normal range so far!
    1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.
  • Options

I totally understand your frustration / aggravation!  That is crazy...not to mention highway robbery for hand-carrying in the sample!  I'm glad that your other testing came back within normal range...that is great!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

soooo frustrating!  but rach2010 has a good point...focus on the positive: your other testing came back within normal range!  that's huge good news.

-Pix

About me: A pixie in the city, 41, TTC #1 since May 2010, married 18 years. Diagnosed with, surgically removed, endometrioma Aug.2010 Sept 2010 IUI #1=BFN, Oct=cyst/bfn, Nov 2010 IUI #2 = bfn. Had to postpone IUI #3 b/c of a cyst natural=BFN. Skipped IUI #3, decided to go for IVF. Found/removed uterine polyps Jan 2011. IVF cancelled, no follicles. IVF #2: 3 great embies put in on Easter Sunday = BFN. Hoping for another chance at IVF in July. TTC is NOT for wimps. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/2fab90/ttc.png
  • Options
    Why $125???? He's not even taking up a room to provide the sample in. It seems like there's less office staff needed to take a hand delivered sample....makes no sense. BTW, my folks are in from K-town today and I thought of you!
    1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.
  • Options

imageMAH123:
    Why $125???? He's not even taking up a room to provide the sample in. It seems like there's less office staff needed to take a hand delivered sample....makes no sense. BTW, my folks are in from K-town today and I thought of you!

the SA is not covered by our insurance (of course), so that is what the out of pocket cost!  They did say it include a sperm wash, test the mortility, and mobility, and maybe something else!  I am so naive that is what i thought would include in a basic SA test!!!  Are your parents going to the game on Saturday??  Wish we could get tickets, but if not, then we will have a big party at our house and cheer them on!!  Thanks for thinking of me!!

• Options
    They are having friends over to watch the game, so they won't be there. I just found out we have to order it on PPV, oh well. It will be worth the money since it's the only win I see in our immediate future ***sigh***. We have season tix to Vandy (just because UT plays at Vandy this year and they are super cheap), I think that's the only UT game we'll catch. Good luck with all of your testing, I have my fingers crossed for you.
  • Options

imageMAH123:
    They are having friends over to watch the game, so they won't be there. I just found out we have to order it on PPV, oh well. It will be worth the money since it's the only win I see in our immediate future ***sigh***. We have season tix to Vandy (just because UT plays at Vandy this year and they are super cheap), I think that's the only UT game we'll catch. Good luck with all of your testing, I have my fingers crossed for you.

Yeah I hate to pay the money to watch the game, but gotta see what our future holds!!! :)   I am hoping we can get some tickets this year, it is crazy we live here and can't get tickets!! :)  Thank you I appreciate you thinking of me, that is so sweet!!  When do you go to Disney???  Disney was on my DH bucket list (he never been) we went back in Sept last year and had a blast, it was soooo much fun!!  We did the water parks too!  Hope you have a good time!!!  It is alot fun for adults too!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"