Two Under 2

Playground Logistics - Advice Please!

So today I braved the playground for the first time with my 3 week old and my 18 month old. The good news is both children survived and I didn't have a heart attack. My trip did bring up a question that I would like to throw out to other moms of two, specifically moms with an infant and a toddler. If your infant is asleep in their stroller and your toddler wants to play with you, do you feel comfortable leaving your infant "parked" on the side while you play with your other child or do you wheel your stroller with infant around the playground as your toddler roams and plays?

Re: Playground Logistics - Advice Please!

• i'm a trusting person by nature.  sure hope that doesn't end up biting me in the a** one day!  anyway, i leave #2 parked in his stroller and play w/ #1.  #2 is never too far and ALWAYS w/in eyesight.  if it's possible, i stroll him to the area we're in (swings, slide, etc) and then move him wherever we go. 
  • depends on the location, the number of people there.  but stroller was always in sight. 

just wait until #2 is 18m-2 and #1 is 3-4 and they are running in opposite directions.  fun times.   lol.  

• Loading the player...
  • I wear the baby at the park 99% of the time.  Even at our very quiet neighborhood park I'm not cool with leaving her in the stroller if I'm not right there, and she's at an age now where she likes to be a part of the fun.  But even when she was smaller, it just made the most sense to me to have her on me.  I could usually transfer her very easily from the stroller to the carrier without her waking too much.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemlf625:
    I wear the baby at the park 99% of the time.  Even at our very quiet neighborhood park I'm not cool with leaving her in the stroller if I'm not right there, and she's at an age now where she likes to be a part of the fun.  But even when she was smaller, it just made the most sense to me to have her on me.  

ditto

• I usually put DS in the Ergo so I can play with DD but sometimes, when it's just so hot out and I don't want to be any hotter by wearing him, I'll bring him in his carseat. I do park him under some shade but  there are never a ton of kids/people at our parks here anyway and if DD and I want to go to the other end of the playground, I'll bring him with us so he's w/in eyeshot.
  • I'm not that trusting. I always wear my youngest at the park. It leaves my hands free to lift my oldest up into the swing but I know where my little one is at all times and she sleeps well in the carrier. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAsquared:

imagemlf625:
    I wear the baby at the park 99% of the time.  Even at our very quiet neighborhood park I'm not cool with leaving her in the stroller if I'm not right there, and she's at an age now where she likes to be a part of the fun.  But even when she was smaller, it just made the most sense to me to have her on me.  

ditto

Me, too!

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used to wheel the stroller to the area where my toddler wanted to play. Then I'd park it right on the side and play with my toddler. The stroller was never out of sight, and if my toddler moved to a different area, so did the stroller. I never went to a big playground b/c I didn't feel comfortable. Our town park has a nice small one, so I wasn't constantly running around.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"