Philadelphia Babies

Anyone deliver at Bryn Mawr Hospital??

Just wondering if anyone had any experience at bryn Mawr Hospital?? Looking into that  hospital or paoli.

Re: Anyone deliver at Bryn Mawr Hospital??

• I have a few friends who have delivered at Paoli and have nothing but great things to say about their experiance.

I will be delivering at Bryn Mawr in April!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't deliver there but I had my First Tri screening at Bryn Mawr and had a great experience!
    BFP#1=1/17/08 Missed m/c: 3/19/08@ 12 w D&C 3/21/08 BFP #2=8/5/08 She arrived 4/16/09! image BFP#3 7/9/11 EDD:3/16/11 Logan Patrick born sleeping on 3/20/11 image
  • Loading the player...
  • I delived both of my kids at Bryn Mawr and both times had great experiences. Nursing staff is wonderful and the recovery rooms are very nice, just a little small.

imageimage
    Zachary Ryan - 1/13/08 - 6lbs 15oz, 20.5 inches
    Lilia Rose - 5/11/10 - 8lbs 6oz, 21 inches
    imageimage
  • I delivered at Bryn Mawr and had an alright experience. Not particularly great but not bad either. The L&D nurses were fabulous but the maternity nurses, procedures, facilities etc left quite a bit to be desired. Paoli's maternity ward is brand new as of last year so their facilities are definitely nicer. Both are great hospitals with high quality NICUs so Id go to whichever one you feel more comfortable at or is more convenient to you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I delivered at BM- the L&D nurses are GREAT. NICU is wonderful.

I will be delivering there again next month

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for the responses! Do you know if Bryn Mawr has private rooms? I heard you can get a semi-private and I am not so sure I would like that...

• Most of the rooms are private, they have a few semi-private, but will only double up patients if they absolutely have to. When I was there, it was busy, so I was in a semi-private room, but I had it all to myself - which was great!

imageimage
    Zachary Ryan - 1/13/08 - 6lbs 15oz, 20.5 inches
    Lilia Rose - 5/11/10 - 8lbs 6oz, 21 inches
    imageimage
  • I delivered at Bryn Mawr last month and had a great experience. I was supposed to deliver at the birth center but had to get transferred. I was very pleasantly surprised with my experience. I had a lot of pre-conceived notions about a hospital, but I found the nurses to be very helpful with breast feeding and answering my questions. They even encouraged our cloth diapering and didn't have any problems when he was sent to the nursery with them on.
  • It is VERY VERY VERY rare to have to 'double up' at Bryn Mawr. they do have 'semi private' rooms- but every single maternity room would have to be used up before they will double you. So i wouldn't worry.

I delivered over a VERY busy holiday weekend (there were 10 women birthing at the same time) and i had my own room

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Bryn mawr has 24 rooms in the maternity ward and like pp said, they don't double you up until all rooms are full so you'd have to be the 25th person delivering. When I was there I was told that they were very busy and there were 19 women there so it seems very unlikely that you'd have to share a room. I was jealous if the people who got double rooms but didn't have to share bc the private rooms are so tiny.....but private!
  • Dr. Thomas Dardarian! Look him up! I used to work with him and I absolutely love him!
  • I just moved Bryn Mawr two months ago and picked Dr. Dardarian because he delivered at Bryn Mawr.  My first appointment 10/5 and I'm so glad to hear this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dr Dardarian is my doctor and i am delivering at bryn mawr. So far i like everyone and haven't had any issues. FYI- if you like milkshakes or fresh cookies there is a Hope's cookies around the corner. Every time i go for a test or ultra sound i treat myself...so yummy:)

https://www.hopescookies.com/testimonials.asp

• imagetmcalvin:

Dr Dardarian is my doctor and i am delivering at bryn mawr. So far i like everyone and haven't had any issues. FYI- if you like milkshakes or fresh cookies there is a Hope's cookies around the corner. Every time i go for a test or ultra sound i treat myself...so yummy:)

https://www.hopescookies.com/testimonials.asp

They also deliver to the hospital, not that i took advantage of that twice or anything. Embarrassed

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"