Washington Babies
Options

Going back to work. Daycare Questions.

I landed the job I have wanted for a long time, and will be going back to work full time, for 3 months or so, and then will drop to part time. I have DD set up for child care at her preschool, but I was wondering about the transition.

Should I have her go a couple days before I start working, just to make sure she isn't starting cold turkey and having issues? She spent 8 hours at a sitters today with no problems, but she knew the kids and care provider from our moms group. She will only be in preschool 3 days before starting in the childcare (the childcare and preschool are seperate and they change classrooms to go to preschool). DH will be available if any issues come up, and she is relatively adaptable to most situations. I am just not sure what to do. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Going back to work. Daycare Questions.

• Options
    We did a transition.  I think a few hours at a time for a couple days is a great idea if it is an option.
  • Options
    Does she already go to preschool or it that completely new as well? If she already goes, I would think you wouldn't need a trial run. I would just talk to her about the transition and what her day would look like. "After preschool, your teacher will walk you down to the blue classroom, where you will have lunch and get to play with more kids. Then at x time, mommy will come pick you Up and you can tell me what you did all day..". That way she knows what to expect. We've been singing the "make new friends" song alot around here too... It seems to help!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Laura, she will only be in preschool for 3 days before going full time. She did go to VBS at the same place, and had no issues. I'm now thinking the big adjustment will be coming home and having her be tired from all the stimulus and play time at the school.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"