Parenting after 35

Off topic: Bluetooth

Hi all,

This is a little off topic but I was wondering what you have experienced: I am looking to buy a GPS and there is one on sale for $99 ( I really do not want to spend much and we are on a budget). I was wondering if you thought it was worth it to get one with bluetooth. Our car does not have it. I'm also worried that if I get it with bluetooth I will find myself having to get a new cell phone ( might not be compatible). Blue tooth GPS is $55 more.

Re: Off topic: Bluetooth

• I'm not sure what the bluetooth is doing in this circumstance? IDK...my phone has GPS so I just use that.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • Not sure I would spend the extra for the Bluetooth but that's just me
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not sure what benefit the bluetooth offers.  I don't have a GPS, but several friends and family do.  I have only seen them use it in the car for directions as they drive, no bluetooth involved.

DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • imagepahokie:

I'm not sure what benefit the bluetooth offers.  I don't have a GPS, but several friends and family do.  I have only seen them use it in the car for directions as they drive, no bluetooth involved.

It offers hands free receiving and making calls
  • Our GPS has both bluetooth (my husbands car does not have bluetooth) & traffic.  We don't ever use the GPS for bluetooth (but I use the GPS more than he does since I am home with the kids).  But, I would if I did not have bluetooth already in my car.  In our state it is illegal to talk on the phone without a headset of some sort.  But traffic is worth the extra money if you are going on long trips!  We bought a Garmin on Amazon for a little more.
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • imagersd12:
    Our GPS has both bluetooth (my husbands car does not have bluetooth) & traffic.  We don't ever use the GPS for bluetooth (but I use the GPS more than he does since I am home with the kids).  But, I would if I did not have bluetooth already in my car.  In our state it is illegal to talk on the phone without a headset of some sort.  But traffic is worth the extra money if you are going on long trips!  We bought a Garmin on Amazon for a little more.

Yes, NY is a hands free state as well. We just bought a car w/o BT b/c of the step up and cost of car. We do not even have smart phones nor do not  plan on getting one over the next three years (many have GPS now and Bluetooth) to almost $800 a year. With a new house and baby that is just ridiculous. We will have to decide on this by the end of the weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"