Indiana Babies

Winter Maternity Clothes

Good god these things are ugly.  I have to buy lots more maternity stuff since I had Maya in July and this baby is coming in February but I think I'd rather roll myself up in a blanket than wear some of this stuff.  I have got to be looking at the wrong stores.  Winter mamas, where did you buy your cute maternity clothes?

Re: Winter Maternity Clothes

• that's funny because I hate summer maternity clothes.  I am still wearing my regular sweaters.  my maternity tops are too long and those ties in the back, ugg.  They are not flattering on me!

Anyway, I wore lots of sweaters from the gap and old navy.  Some of my regular sweaters made it most of the pregnancy too.

• I mostly wore maternity jeans and non-maternity sweaters. Most of the sweaters I got from the Gap in a size larger than what I would normally wear. Surprisingly, I didn't have problems with length until the last 5 weeks or so. Other than jeans, I bought almost no maternity clothes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto Cynthia on the jeans.  Find a cute pair of maternity jeans that you like so that you can live in those a lot of the time. For work, I had one pair of black maternity pants and pair of sand colored cords that I rotated.  Seriously by the end these were the only two pairs of pants that I wore to work (like the last couple of weeks).   

I lucked out and only had to buy a few maternity tops because someone super sweet :::cough, Lauren, cough:::: lent me all of her adorable clothes.  My friend Anna also sent me a few things.   When you have to buy things, I definitely feel that online is better than in store.  Other than Gap, I didn't find a lot of in-store maternity wear that I liked, and I sometimes felt like places like Motherhood or Pea in the Pod were either made/sized poorly or were rip-offs and super expensive.

You didn't ask about shoes, but I also bought a new pair of boots last year and I wore those all.the.time.  They were clarks and really comfortable, so even though they had a heel, I could wear them to work and not be sore at the end of the day. 

• I was hot most of the time so I just wore jeans and sweater jackets from Gap/Old Navy with a short sleeve maternity shirt underneath so I could take the sweater off when I got too hot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I invested in a nice pair of maternity jeans and then I just got a handful of maternity layering tanks, t-shirts and long sleeve shirts that I'm hoping will work with a lot of those open cardigans and sweaters.  I haven't really looked at what is offered for winter but I'm sure everything makes pregnant women look larger than they really are....  Sad
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedc120807:
    I invested in a nice pair of maternity jeans and then I just got a handful of maternity layering tanks, t-shirts and long sleeve shirts that I'm hoping will work with a lot of those open cardigans and sweaters.  I haven't really looked at what is offered for winter but I'm sure everything makes pregnant women look larger than they really are....  Sad

Pretty much ditto. Obviously I wasn't super pregnant in the winter, but in michigan it's cold until like Memorial Day. :)

I lived in the plain long-sleeve tees from Old Navy and chunky open cardigans.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I wasn't super big in the winter, but layering is your friend!

Get a couple of the cuter longer cardis and wear tees (or tanks) underneath them.  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a slight obsession with open cardigans, so I would vote getting a few thicker sweaters and layering with camis/shirts underneath. 
  • I'm in the same boat.  I have found a lot of cute cardigans at Target and Gap.  All the stuff at motherhood and the other maternity stores are totally FUG!  I am getting a good pair of jeans this weekend as the ones I had for Evie are at their limit since she was born in July and I didn't wear them past 30 weeks the last time.

I am all for the layering!

Deleted
  • imageNDwife07:

imagedc120807:
    I invested in a nice pair of maternity jeans and then I just got a handful of maternity layering tanks, t-shirts and long sleeve shirts that I'm hoping will work with a lot of those open cardigans and sweaters.  I haven't really looked at what is offered for winter but I'm sure everything makes pregnant women look larger than they really are....  Sad

Pretty much ditto. Obviously I wasn't super pregnant in the winter, but in michigan it's cold until like Memorial Day. :)

I lived in the plain long-sleeve tees from Old Navy and chunky open cardigans.

Ditto Lauren.  This is exactly what I did too.

• I was very pregnant in the winter.  I pretty much had about 5 work outfits at the end that I would have to rotate.  Since I always got so hot, I really wore quite a few cuter short sleeve maternity shirts that I got from Target.  I also had two really comfy pants (khakis and jeans) that I pretty much lived in. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"