Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

miscarriage

so this is my first pregnancy. i went in yesterday for an ultrasound and there was no heartbeat, and it was measuring very small. my question is- when the fetus passes, will you be able to see it! i am almost 10 weeks btw. also, will it hurt? thanks in advance.
TTC since 9-5-09 BFP #1 7-19-10 missed m/c 9-3-10 BFP #2 1-12-11 stick baby! BFP #3 9-13-14. First u/s 10-10-14 TWINS!! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: miscarriage

• Options
    I cannot answer your question because I had a D&C, but I wanted to say that I'm so very sorry for your loss.  You've come to the right place - this is a great board to get support and help.  (((hugs))) 
    Married my best friend ~ May 31, 2008
    Adopted our furbaby Kona ~ January 17, 2010
    Trying to grow our family ~ June 2010

1st BFP 7.6.10 ~ EDD 3.15.11 ~ mmc 8.6.10 ~ d&c 8.11.10
    2nd BFP 11.4.10 ~ EDD 7.15.11 ~ HB 6w3d ~ No HB 7w ~ mmc 12.8.10 ~ d&c 12.9.10
    3rd BFP 7.12.11 ~ EDD 3.22.12 ~ HB 6w5d 124 bpm ~ Team Green ~ 
    SHE STUCK!
    4th BFP 6.20.13 ~ EDD 3.1.14 ~ HB 7w5d 153 bpm ~ A/S revealed due date possibly 2.23
    *~*~*~*EXPECT MIRACLES*~*~*~*
    Praying for peace in God's ultimate plan ~ "Be still and know that I am God." -Psalm 46:10

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm new here too. I miscarried naturally on 8/4/2010(my first pregnancy as well). I experienced cramping(more intense than menstrual cramps),back pain and of course bleeding. I was only at about 5 weeks and all I saw was a clump of "tissue" after it passed. bleeding lasted for about a week afterwards,but everyone is different. Hope this helps a little. I'm sorry for your loss.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I miscarriage naturally as well and It felt like down wards pressure and I passed the baby. That morning I had the worst cramps I have ever had. I know it sounds bad but there will be some pain, bleeding and it will feel like a large clot. I ran to the toliet each time I felt one and (sorry TMI) caught it will the TP to see if it was the baby. Did your doctor tell you anything?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  I had a natural m/c on 8/5.  I had some pretty bad cramps, nothing that ibuprofen and a heating pad couldn't cure, for a few hours leading up to when I passed the baby.  I bled for 2 days before w/ small pieces of tissue.  I never had any clots, but they are very common.  It's pretty obvious when you pass the baby.  It's a pretty large amount of tissue, especially around the gestation you are at.  You will know and most likely be able to see it.  I'm so sorry you are going through this.  This board is a great place for support.  It has helped me greatly, even when I only feel like lurking.  There are wonderful ladies here who know what you are going through and have lots of info if you have any more questions.
  • Options

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I lost my first pregnancy too. It's so sad. 

Everyone's experience is different so what posters tell you here may not be your experience. I lost my baby at 8w5d, but at the ultrasound a week before it was measuring only 6w2d with a very slow heartbeat, so it likely didn't grow much beyond that. I had a lot of pain and cramping and pressure overnight before I lost the baby. I passed a lot of clots and blood before I passed the sac/placenta sometime in the afternoon. I could see the sac, but it was still closed, so I didn't see the fetus inside. I continued to cramp/bleed for 5 days after that.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Hugs to you.  

Suze
    TTC#1 since May 2009
    PCOS * Hypothyroid

Bean - BFP May 26, 2010. EDD Feb 3, 2011. Natural Miscarriage 8w5d - June 29, 2010.
    Pumpkin - BFP Feb 8, 2011. EDD Oct 21, 2011. Natural Miscarriage 6w3d - Feb 28, 2011.

Femera started November 2014. 3 rounds, no luck. Moving to IUI.
    March 2015: IUI#1 - nope.
    May 2015: IUI#2 - nada.
    October 2015: IUI#3 - BFP on Nov 2, 2015! *stick baby stick!*

• Options
    First I am so sorry for your loss. My experience was very similar to the previous posts. I was 6 weeks and experienced heavy cramping and back pain. There was heavy bleeding and large clots and tissue. There is a chance you will be able to see the fetus when it passes and I am sorry you will have to go through that. I would talk to your Dr about your concerns and hopefully he/she will be able to talk you through the experience.
  • Options

I am so sorry to hear this.  I hate when anyone has to join this board.

Like the others said there will be a lot of heavy cramping.  Mine wasn't constant, just came and went.  I would be fine then on the couch in horrible pain.  A heating pad seemed to work well for me.  I have seen women on here stay at work while going through this, but I suggest you stay home and take it easy. 

I had a natural miscarriage and had two days of clots before it was more AF like bleeding.  You may see something, but if you are measuring small you may not. 

(((hugs)))

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #1 5/30/07 M/C 8/26/10 at around 6 weeks BFP #2 10/16/10
  • Options

sounds like we have pretty similar situations. I was 10w4d pg. I began with some spotting a few days ago, which turned into bleeding and yesterday i noticed some clots. On that I went into the ER. I had an u/s and there was no heartbeat and it was only measuring to 6w. 

I also have those concerns- what will it feel like? will it be a lot to pass?  Since i have been spotting/light bleeding for a few days, I am not sure when it will happen. I haven't had any significant bleeding yet, but I am starting with some consistant cramping.  If i do not pass anything by Thursday/Friday- I think I am going to call my doctors office to have the procedure done.  I can't imagine waiting around for a week+ for this to happen, all the while keep having to deal with the pain and sorrow I am feeling.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I had about the same situation. It was my first pregnancy too. I went in yesterday for my 12 week check up and no heart beat. Becuase of my jobs (coaching and another full time job). I did the D&C last night. I didn't want to have to see the baby or deal with all the bleeding. My doctor didn't say anything about it hurting to pass the fetus just that there would be lots of blood.

I'm sorry for your loss. I don't know if you read the Bible and I'm not trying to offend if you don't, but I'm finding comfort in this verse Jeremiah 31: 13b- I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

Best wishes as you continue this journey.

• Options

I'm sorry for your loss.  Crying  I learned my baby died in utero this past Sunday.  I scheduled a D&C for Tuesday, but on my ultrasound on Monday the sac was close to the cervix.  Monday evening, I passed the sac.  My baby stopped developing at just about 6 weeks, so it was very small,  I passed some clots Saturday and Sunday, with more on Monday.  When the sac passed, it felt like a massive clot, and I just instinctively knew it was the sac.  Like some other posters have said, when I went to the bathroom I held tissue paper underneath myself to catch the large thing I had felt pass, and I knew it was the sac.  It was large (maybe 2 inches long and about 3/4 of an inch in diameter.), slightly greyish and covered in blood, with some long strings attached to it that were probably the beginnings of the placenta.  It didnt hurt, just felt 'wierd' when it passed the way large clots feel when they pass during a normal period.  I did have quite a bit of cramping and back pain before it passed.  A nurse told me that once the sac passes, the bleeding should really slow down, if not stop.  In my case, that did not happen and I continued to bleed, rather heavily.   Even though I passed the gestational sac naturally, my doctor went ahead and did the suction D&C anyway.  The bleeding is just about nonexistent now, because the uterus has been basically vaccumed clean.  Fortunately, it wasn't 'truly' a D&C because. since I had passed the sac, I was already dilated, so they didn't need to dilate me, just do a light scraping and suction to get the remainder of tissue and blood out.

So, in my experience, the miscarriage was nowhere near as painful as I thought it was going to be.  Physically, the pain has been about what a heavy menstrual period (with lots of cramps) feels like.  In fact, I have had a few menstrual cycles that were more painful than this miscarriage has been.  Emotionally it is painful, but the physical pain has definitely been bearable.

Good Luck to you.  I'm so sorry.

• Options
    I had a DE&C, but I wanted to say that I am very sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.  I was also 10 weeks when I found out my baby died.  The actual miscarriage happened closer to 12 weeks.  If you think a  detailed account of a miscarriage would help you, I wrote about my experience in my blog. Here's the link: https://babyspach.blogspot.com/2010/08/its-over.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"