March 2011 Moms

I felt the baby move...maybe...

Some people are adamant that you cannot feel the baby at 14 weeks and say that it's just gas. But today I sneezed twice in a row and I felt this light tapping in my lower abdomen that only lasted a second or two.

I remembered that the u/s tech at my NT scan asked me to cough, saying that the pressure would make the baby move or turn into another position...and it did. I'm assuming that a sneeze builds up the same pressure and made the baby move more than it usually does.

I know it wasn't gas because nothing has come out since. My only other option is that it was some sort of muscle spasm...

I didn't think that you could feel the baby until much later. Has anyone else felt this? Am I just being wierd?

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: I felt the baby move...maybe...

• I felt flutters last Friday! :D Definitley flutters, Ive been pregnant before. Its so exciting! I wouldnt doubt tapping! COngrats!!! I love it, us March mamas are moving on up! WOOT!
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just noticed your ticker- are you a 3/2 EDD mma?????? 8D
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • You normally do feel a 2nd child earlier.
  • I'm pretty sure I felt some movement yesterday too.  It wasn't like anything else I've felt, and it only lasted a few seconds.
  • So fun!  I'm a 3/2 mama too, and this is my 2nd.  I hope I start feeling this little one very soon too!  That's my absolute favorite thing about pregnancy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How neat!  There are quite a bit of 3/2 mommas here!
  • I'm a few days behind you girls, but I have felt the little taps and flutters for about a week now...this is my second, but with my first I also felt the first flutter at 14 weeks.

Like you guys, I know what gas and air feel like and this is different! SOO much fun!!

• imageerikaautumn:
    So fun!  I'm a 3/2 mama too, and this is my 2nd.  I hope I start feeling this little one very soon too!  That's my absolute favorite thing about pregnancy.

We got our DD this same shirt to announce that I was PG to our families....her's is the white one though! Super cute!!

• With DS I felt flutters around 13w and with this one I think I'm feeling them again but am in denial for some reason! :)
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That is so exciting!  I don't think you're being wierd at all...w/ DS I felt them around 15 wks.  Plus I think they are very different from gas bubbles....almost like you just know! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh I can't wait to feel my little Nugget move!!!  Yesterday I had an u/s because they couldn't find the heartbeat and it was jumping and wiggling and arching it's back, and stretching it's leg way way up, and the lady said it was measuring almost 3 inches.  I wonder why you can't feel a 3 inch thing doing a happy dance in your belly!  I can not WAIT for flutters and taps! 
  • I felt my first around 16 week and 14 weeks for second, and I keep demanding this one put out some flutters but so far to no avail. Definatley can be a happy baby dancing away in there, enjoy!
  • I have felt movements, in tiny bits.  At first I thought I was just hungry, but I confirmed the movements with my Doppler.  Every time I felt something, I heard it too.  But I heard tons of movement I couldn't feel at all.  I checked with my doctor, and she told me while it's normal to start feeling movement around 16 weeks, it's possible to feel movement starting at 13 weeks, but rare.  I didn't say anything, because I wasn't sure at first, but I can definitely feel it.  I do have to lay down and concentrate though, I can't feel it if I'm up walking around and whatnot.
  • Hooray for 3/2 moms-to-be! 

I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling movements.  All of the sites I've visited have said 16-17 weeks at the very earliest. So I was curious...

I'm hoping to feel the movement again soon. Nothing so far...maybe I have to wait until I sneeze again! Haha 

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm in the 3/2 club also!  yay!

No flutters yet... this is my first, so I can't wait to feel them!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"