Washington Babies
Options

Nanny woes

So my nanny called to quit last night...she and her family have taken in a special needs teen who was booted from his adoptive home [he's 18 now, so on his own].  This kid needs lots of care, and she doesn't think she can work for me and handle him. 

So the good news: she was just as caring a person as I thought from interviewing her, and she will stay with us until we find a replacement. 

Bad news: I have an acquaintence from school who keeps offering to help us out.  I'm not sure I really trust her reasoning skills in the first place, and coupled with the constant fb updates re: her sex life, her frustrations with her own kids being "buttheads" and her hangovers...uh yeah, I'm not interested.

I did not need this excitement!  I am starting back to work and was hoping for smooth sailing as much as possible!

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nanny woes

• Options
    that sucks!!  I ohpe you can find someone great soon.
  • Options
    Sucky!! I'm sorry. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry, J. Childcare stress is so hard to deal with. I would definitely be passing up that offer of childcare as well, yikes. If I remember right, you had a couple other interviewees that you really liked, any chance one of them is available? Good luck!
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Options
    that sounds so tough. glad that she is at least staying until you find a replacement. i think someone posted not long ago that they had a friend that was looking for a nanny job and could refer her. im posting from my phone so i cant get a link but maybe someone else has it...
  • Options
    That sucks big time! Hopefully one of the other nannies on your short list can help you out. Good luck!
    collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • Options
    What days are you looking for care for K?
  • Options

imageBri&Shane_3/8/08:

My work schedule makes it weird: we need care Mon - Thurs when I work weekdays and Thurs/Fri when I work weekends.  The hours are 12:30pm to 6pm, and I switch from weekdays to weekends about every 7 to 8 weeks.

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekaskade:

imageBri&Shane_3/8/08:

My work schedule makes it weird: we need care Mon - Thurs when I work weekdays and Thurs/Fri when I work weekends.  The hours are 12:30pm to 6pm, and I switch from weekdays to weekends about every 7 to 8 weeks.

Bummer - I wish I could help you out. My "nanny" days for my son and my niece are Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.  If anything changes - let me know.

• Options
    imagekaskade:

imageBri&Shane_3/8/08:

Bummer - I wish I could help you out. My "nanny" days for my son and my niece are Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.  If anything changes - let me know.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"