Minnesota Babies

prenatal massage

Has anyone had one?  I would love to do it, but want to make sure I can find someone who specifically does prenatal massage, and doesn't just try to accommodate my giant belly for a regular massage.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Ideally downtown Mpls or to the north?

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: prenatal massage

• I had one done at our local MN School of Business. It was free (because students were the ones performing the massages) and supervised by the professors.

With prenatal massages they're just like regular massages but with taking into account pressure points that can set off labor and you kind of have to accommodate your belly. They're really not that much different than a regular massage imo

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

In my bag
    d90
    50mm f/1.2 * 28-85mm (Macro) f/3.5-4.5 * 70-300mm f/3.5-4.5
    Opteka Fisheye Adapter * Lightscoop
  • I had one at the spa in the Ivy... very worth it... although once it was over I still felt fat and pregnant. Stick out tongue
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had one at both Jewel Spa (which is dt) and at Blooma (which is in Edina/S Mpls). I highly reccomend both.
  • My husband got me a massage at Positive Body Dynamics in St Louis Park.  It specializes in pregnacy massages and it was a God send!  They have a special table with a removable area for your baby bump.  That way you aren't just getting a massage on your side.  I called my doctor prior to make sure that these tables were ok to use and they said as long as their wasn't any pressure, which there wasn't, then I was fine. I am planning to go back every month it was that remarkable!
  • I got a prenatal massage a week ago for my husband and my anniversary, and while it was very relaxing and felt GREAT at the time, later that night I was in so much pain. Some soreness after a massage is to be expected, it's why they make you drink tons of water afterwards, but for some reason at least for me, the soreness was very intense that night in my hips and lower back I was up crying all night. It is something I will not do again. Just something to consider. You're a lot further along than I am so I dont know if my hips moving still had something to do with it, but just thought I'd give you a heads up. Good luck tho!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"