Babies: 0 - 3 Months

When to wake a 6 week old at night?

What would you do? 

We have been lucky and our daughter has started to establish her own sleeping patterns at night for the past couple weeks (fingers crossed we are onto something).  We have been feeding her around 7ish and again 10ish...then I've been waking her up at 2am to eat again.  However, if I didn't wake her she would continue sleeping. But when I do wake her she can eat 3oz and go right back to sleep with minimal help.

Should I be waking her at 2am or should I let her sleep?  She was born at 8lbs and is up to 10 1/2 pounds now... 

Re: When to wake a 6 week old at night?

• I'd let her sleep.  Is there any particular reason you are waking her to eat?   She's gained a good amount already,.....she'll probably be perfectly fine if you let her sleep.

• Let her sleep!!  She's gained enough weight ... she'll wake when she's hungry.
  • Loading the player...
  • let er sleep after the 10 pm bottle.  you're a very lucky mama!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I definitely would not be waking her up at this point haha.

Once your baby has gotten back to birth weight they say you no longer need to wake them to eat. If she's hungry, she'll let you know =)

My son is at 7 weeks and still waking every 3 hours to eat. Count yourself lucky and get some rest!

Liam 07/08/10 -- TTC #2 -- my cloth vlog -- & daily cloth diaper deals Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I see no reason to wake her. When she's hungry she'll cry. Enjoy the sleep.

• LO is 6 weeks and we give her a bottle at 10pm and unless she wakes in the middle of the night she doesnt eat again til she gets up around 6am or 7am. depends on how busy her day was. i only feed her when she shows signs of hunger now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"