Cloth Diapering

NB or Small size prefolds?

Any opinions on which size prefolds I should get? My first baby was a bit of a chunk (9lbs at birth). I'm looking at the diaper rite prefold size chart and the newborn size is from 6-12 lbs, while the small size is from 8-18lbs. I'd like two dozen prefolds and 5 covers to start out with (plus some lil joeys, and some itty bitty kissaluvs that I already have). Should I just split them up and do a dozen NB and a dozen Small?? Any advic ewould be very helpful! TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NB or Small size prefolds?

• I used the Chinese prefolds in the infant size from Cotton Babies. My DS was more than 9 lbs and they fit him very well for several weeks until we swtiched to our OS diapers.

ETA: FYI, I found that the Thirsties XS covers worked the best for us with the prefolds. 

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • DS was 8 lbs 11 oz at birth, and we used the standard infant size prefolds. They were a bit bulky at first (had to fold down the rise), but worked fine. And he's still in them now, 7 months later!

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks so much ladies : )
  • LO was early, 5lbs and change. I only bought a dozen GMD oranges (newborn) since I figured she'd be big. She's 8lbs and change now, and still fits the oranges. The yellows also are starting to fit, but they're still quite big on her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"