May 2011 Moms
Options

s/o gender...

I know it's early to know for sure, but do you and your husband want to find out gender?  Or are you going to be Team Green?

We are going to find out the gender - I'm too much of a planner not to! 

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: s/o gender...

• Options
    I'm a planner too - we will def be finding out the gender!
    * PAL/PgAL Bumpie & NBC-Twi Nestie * imageBloggity Blog BFP #1 in 2001 ? natural m/c @ 9w4d ? TTC our first since 2009 ? BFP #2 on 8/25/2010 ? natural M/C @ 7w6d on 9/25/2010 Clomid cycle #1 @ 50mg = BFP #3 on 1/1/11 ~ EDD 9/14/2011!!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Def plan on finding out so I know what clothes I can keep or need to get rid of. Storage space is already an issue in our house with DS.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    There has never been a doubt in my mind that we would find out the sex.  I am not big on surprises and don't have much patience, so waiting 40 weeks is not going to work for me.
  • Options

We found out last time. Doing everything the first time was to stressful not to have every detail we could planned out!

This time, I feel like we are so much better prepared. So, we are going to have some fun and keep it a surprise!  

PhotobucketPhotobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We're definitely finding out. We did last time too. Part of me thinks it would be really fun and exciting to wait and find out when he/she is born, but I know dh and I couldn't handle waiting that long.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are definitely finding out so we can figure out names and nursery!
  • Options
    I'm also too much of a planner and control freak to not find out.  lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Oh i def need to know and if it feels like forever till we find out..
  • Options
    We didn't find out with our first, and I won't find out this time. Hearing DH shout, "It's a boy!" was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We're definitely finding out!  I'm already tired of saying he or she.  LOL

Also, I would like to have gender specific bedding, clothes, etc. before the baby arrives.  That's really the main reason.   And I don't think I can wait 35 more weeks!

Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    My Acme Box last update 3/28/11
  • Options
    MisNMisN member
    Wow, it looks like I am in the minority here...but we are Team Green (althought being a planner, it will be tough not cave but DH really wants a surprise!)
  • Options
    we will probably find out because I'm super impatient but I kind of want to wait. Team green seems so fun even if some people think its inconvenient. Besides, green is my favorite color anyway and will be in the nursery regardless of the sex. Gah, decisions. We'll know in 14 weeks I guess. I think it will be a game time decision.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    Team green all the way...
  • Options
    As most of you said about yourselves, I'm way too much of a planner too..DH and I want to know..It'll be easier as far as planning, buying stuff for LO, etc..
  • Options
    Yes, we want to find out!! If everything goes well, I will probably have the ICU ultrasound at work on my belly starting at 16 weeks trying to find out the sex. =)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We've been Team Green every time and no plans to change this go around! I LOVE finding out at delivery. And it's not like we have much to buy at this point anyway. The number of car seats we own is ridiculous... Boy or girl, baby #5 is hand-me-downs all the way. :) 
    DS:6 DD:5 DS:4 DS:2 (m/c x 5)
  • Options
    When we were pg with our first, we were so excited to find out the gender. Then we lost the baby and something happened; I changed my mind and I absolutely don't want to know the gender. I want DH to tell me when I deliver. This will definitely be a challenge since I'm such a type A personality...plus, DH is only going along with this because of me. He wants to know so badly, but I'm putting my foot down...for now. When the option's open, we'll see if I can stick to my guns!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    i couldnt wait 40 weeks to find out. way too long of a wait for me. plus i like to shop :D boy or girl, i'm NOT doing hand-me-downs. so i'm shopping anyways.
    baby growth baby
  • Options

I am definitely Team Green for the second time!  To each his own, and I understand why people want to find out (I was definitely in the minority not finding out for my first), but here are my reasons...

Hearing my husband say the words "It's a boy!" in the delivery room was one of the best, most memorable moments of my life.  I pushed for 2 hours (my son was 9 lbs, 1 oz), but I swear it felt like five minutes because I was dying to know if I had a son or daughter.  I just think having some ultrasound tech tell us the gender at 20 weeks seems more impersonal and I thought it was worth the wait to have that special moment.  It was. 

I am a planner too, and I spent an inordinate amount of time researching baby products, reading Baby Bargains, and registering for my shower.  Not knowing the gender, did not prevent me from shopping.  While you are limited from pink, purple and blue, there is a lot more out there than just green and yellow.   I think I got a lot of great gifts at my shower that weren't just clothes (which may not have been the case if I knew the gender).  Now most all of my big items (high chair, stroller, etc.) are gender neutral and I don't have to go out and buy everything new if I have a girl this time.

You do not need to buy baby's entire wardrobe while your are pregnant.  I had some gender neutral onesies and pajamas, but I think my son fit in those clothes for about less than a month he grew so fast.  I did lots of shopping after he was born so he had a lot of boy clothes.

I do not think I missed out on bonding time with my son because I didn't know the gender for 20 weeks.  I immediately felt connected to my little love and I didn't need time to adjust to the fact that he was a boy. 

(Sorry this is so long, lol!  I woke up in the middle of the night to pee and could not go back to sleep so I am bored!)

• Options
    We found out with our DD, so I'm pretty sure we'll find out again this time around.
    Photobucket
    aCg 3.1.07 | hCr 5.5.11
  • Options
    We'll find out, but I am straying away from telling people because I dislike baby blue and pastel pink. I'd be covered in gender specific things, and that is NMS. We may share the news with our parents alone.
  • Options
    We're definitely finding out. I feel like I would have more of a connection with my baby if I knew what it was. BIL and SIL didn't find out and it was really special to be in the waiting room when he came out and announced that it was a girl, but I couldn't do it. We're thinking about announcing ours at our shower, that way people still get to experience a little suspense.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"