Natural Birth

F/U my post on Ina May's Guide to Childbirth

You ladies are awesome!  After hearing everyone's comments and reassurances I started reading this book Friday night.  And that night I actually had a wonderful dream about giving birth- I woke up feeling excited and empowered.  I've been reading a little bit every night and am loving the birth stories and the "meat and potatoes" (as someone called it) of giving birth.

I am so glad and thankful for this board- otherwise I probably would have never even heard of this book.  Thank you, again!!!

Re: F/U my post on Ina May's Guide to Childbirth

• I'm glad to hear it - I also dreamt about giving birth when I first started reading that book, and I wasn't even pregnant yet!  In my dream, it was a great experience.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am so glad that it allayed your fears.  I had been worried for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ina May is an amazing woman, as are the women she works with. I was so fortunate to be able to birth at her Farm.  Anything you can take from that book is priceless!
  • imagechardosha:

You should really consider watching The Business of Being Born.  It is available on Netflix Instant Play if you have that available.  Occasionally it is on cable.

It is a documentary by Ricki Lake about natural childbirth and the "business" of c-sections.  Ina May is featured in the film as well.  Really good and really gets me excited for natural childbirth.

Yes!  I saw this movie a month or two ago and it is amazing!  Definitely plan on watching it at least once or twice more before our LO arrives!  =D  (I love streaming movies on Netflix!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"