Pregnant after a Loss

I think i'm actually grateful

It's incredibly weird for me, but i think i see an up to my losses.  I love my babies so much it nearly kills me every day to miss them. However, they have given me an ability to appreciate this LO in a way i don't know if anyone who hasn't lost can.  From watching other pg women in my life and occasionally lurking on 2nd tri, i can't believe the amount of pettiness and lack of yearning for their little ones some pg women have. I feel blessed to be this open and familiar with the love of my babies that never fades and only gets stronger when they aren't with us.

We're still miserable and uncomfortable a lot of times, and i think we should allow ourselves the chance to complain.  But here on this board, not a one of us takes anything for granted.  You ladies have been incredibly supportive and comforting.  thank you.  i just had to share before this feeling is overshadowed by worry again.

Re: I think i'm actually grateful

• I know exactly how you feel.  DH and I have talked about this so much.  Not that other couples do not appreciate and enjoy their LOs...it is just different...because we know what it is like to want it so badly and have it be so hard to get it.
  • imagetisroc:

It's incredibly weird for me, but i think i see an up to my losses.  I love my babies so much it nearly kills me every day to miss them. However, they have given me an ability to appreciate this LO in a way i don't know if anyone who hasn't lost can.  From watching other pg women in my life and occasionally lurking on 2nd tri, i can't believe the amount of pettiness and lack of yearning for their little ones some pg women have. I feel blessed to be this open and familiar with the love of my babies that never fades and only gets stronger when they aren't with us.

We're still miserable and uncomfortable a lot of times, and i think we should allow ourselves the chance to complain.  But here on this board, not a one of us takes anything for granted.  You ladies have been incredibly supportive and comforting.  thank you.  i just had to share before this feeling is overshadowed by worry again.

This!!  Thank you! Yes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Beautiful post. 
    Three losses in 2009, a miracle in 2010! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker The Method to My Madness, a PPD blog
  • I know exactly what you mean.  When I was going through my 2nd loss, I was in the middle of a complete meltdown and said "Why does life have to be such sh!t sometimes?" And MH responded "Because we would never appreciate the good things in life if we didn't go through the sh!t."  I think about that a lot throughout this pregnancy and always keep in mind that I went through the sh!t to get to the good, and I will never take advantage of the "good" that is this pregnancy/baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"