TTC After a Loss

Anyone suffer a partial molar pregnancy

I just wondered what you went through while dealing with this?  I had to have a biopsy today to determine if this is what I am now dealing with.  Just wondered if anyone else has been in the situation and what it entails.

TIA

BFP #1 04/05/10 EDD 12/11/10 Missed M/C 7w found out at 12w5d You're so missed LO BFP #2 11/27/10 EDD 08/07/11.. Diagnosed with IC 03/17/11 Cerclage put in place 03/21/11 Madilynn Mae born 7/26/11

Re: Anyone suffer a partial molar pregnancy

• I have not, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss.  I hope you get good news with your biopsy results!!!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

1st pregnancy: BFP- 6/28/09 - Found out we lost our little girl on 10/9/09 at 19w 4d - D&E- 10/14/09

June 2010, corrective surgery for Septate Uterus and large fibroids

2nd pregnancy: BFP- 10/18/10 - Slow rising, non-doubling HCGs, no heart beat. Non-viable pregnancy, D&C- 11/12/10

Started Metformin 6/30/11, Started Clomid 7/20/11 - Unsuccessful

HSG and Laparoscopic surgery revealed blocked tubes and lots of scar tissue...IVF here we come!!!

Surprise BFP naturally!!! IT'S A BOY!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I haven't, but I am so sorry for your loss - logs of hugs to you!
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • First of all I want to say I am so sorry, big ((Hugs)) to you. 

My BFF had one 3-4 years ago and they had to monitor her very closely for 8 months afterwards to make sure the "cancer" type cells did not come back.  Unfortunately I don't know many more details, but the story definitely has a happy ending as after the 8 months was over she was able to concieve 2 happy and healthy children and now has her hands full as they are 1yr and 2 yrs old (only 12 months and 12 days apart) :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was diagnosed with a partial molar pregnancy in March. It's the worst thing ever. 

I went in for the standard 16 week ultrasound expecting to hear a healthy heartbeat. No heartbeat. Dr. informs us that the baby stopped growing at 14 weeks. And that I have placenta previa so I have to have a d&c ASAP. I had the D&C the next day. 

A week later, I got a call that I also had a partial molar pregnancy. I had to do weekly blood draws until I reached zero, and then go for monthlies after that. I reached zero on June 1st. Originally my husband and I understood my doctor as saying that she only needed me to do three months of monthlies, and that I'd be cleared to try after three months. I am at the three months of negative now, but today at my appointment she said that she really wanted me to wait 6 CYCLES. I've had 3 Cycles so far. After bursting into tears about it, she changed it to just one more month. 

At any rate I'm really sorry you're going through this. THe good news is that if it's a partial molar pregnancy your risk of developing into GTD or Choriocarcinoma is really low. I strongly recommend bouncing over to Babycenter.com where there's a molar pregnancy group and a thread for recently diagnose molar pregnancies that I'm currently keeping updated. https://community.babycenter.com/groups/a113685/molar_and_partial_molar_pregnancies

It has been an invaluable place for me. It's a great place to ask questions. Although we've suffered a loss like everyone on this board, it's a bit different from what a lot of ladies on here go through so it's nice to get insight from other women who are dealing with the unique situation we're in.  

Feel free to PM me anytime or page me. 

My Food Blog - Dinner Delish
    TTC since Oct '09
    Missed miscarriage 3/24/10 @ 16 wks, Partial Molar Pregnancy
    Began our IF journey in May '11
    Asherman's Diagnosis (cervical & uterine scarring) - Surgery 8/17/11
    IUIs #1-#5 & 1 canceled IUI, IVF #1, 2 FETs - all BFN
    IVF# 2 December '12, BFP 1/13! EDD 9/21 
    Complete Previa and Short Cervix. C-section scheduled for 9/3
    Delivered 8/5 @ 33 weeks, 4lbs, 6oz. 
    4-week NICU stay, home 9/3
  • Stretched gave you a very good overview. I also went in for my 16 week appointment, they couldn't locate the hb and was sent for an u/s. I was told there that the baby had passed. I had a d&c a few days later (this was all over Thanksgiving weekend). Unfortunately the staff failed to give my dr the pathology report showing I had a pmp, so I didn't learn it until my d&c follow up appointment 4 weeks later.

From there, I underwent the hcg monitoring for 3 weeks (I had fallen to 0 already) and then once a month for 6 months after. They closely monitor to make sure your hcg does not rise, which can indicate that there is cell growth, which can be the GTD referred to earlier. They may place you back on birth control to help assure you don't get pregnant during this time.

I've lurked on the baby center board and found it extremely helpful. I also emailed with one of the girls on here who went through this as well and it was good for just bouncing feelings and such off of. Please feel free to pm me if you have any questions at all. While it was hard to wait the 6 months, in a way I feel like it gave me time to grieve my loss. I'm now 9 weeks pg and while I'm nervous, so far it looks like we have a healthy pregnancy. Hang in there and ((hugs)).

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Missed m/c at 17 weeks, partial molar pregnancy d&c 11/30/09
  • Thanks ladies... it has been 12 weeks since our miscarriage  I started AF #1 7 weeks later and I have been having spotting for over 38 days now.  They did an u/s and then just did a biopsy yesterday.  So the doctor is hoping by Tuesday we will know what is going on... My HCG was still at 5 and so his thoughts are the GTD or retained placenta.  While doing the biopsy yesterday he thinks he found some tissue and was sending it off as well. He was more certain about the retained placenta but I am the type that likes to be informed of what I could be getting into if its not.  I so appreciate the help!
    BFP #1 04/05/10 EDD 12/11/10 Missed M/C 7w found out at 12w5d You're so missed LO BFP #2 11/27/10 EDD 08/07/11.. Diagnosed with IC 03/17/11 Cerclage put in place 03/21/11 Madilynn Mae born 7/26/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"