Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Lollipops on the plane

I thought it was fine since we're right there with them. 

Did you buy little ones - I got Dum Dums which are small (DH now has me worried about choking since they're so small), or the big ones?

Are my girls too young for a lollipop?

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Lollipops on the plane

• Options
    I, personally, wouldn't give my DS a lollipop.  But if I hypethetically were to give them one I would give....a bigger one I think.  Dum Dums can easily come off the stick.  That's how I used to eat them, put them off the stick and suck them like a peppermint.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We give DD dum dums on the plane. I suppose it's true that the pop could come off the stick, but it hasn't happened to us. Plus, you'll be right there watching them and you can take it away if it gets loose.
  • Options
    I wouldn't give DD a lollipop yet... she wouldn't be able to chew any pieces that might break off (and I'd be afraid the whole thing would come off of the stick). I have heard that dum dums are a choking hazard, so if you do get them, you should probably go with bigger ones.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We've given dd dum-dums on a plane.  She did fine with it.  There was once when it slid off the stick, so if you go with those make sure you're keeping a really close eye on them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have given Tootsie pops and he did well with them. no small bits came off
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks - I'll get some bigger lollipops.  The whole point is to make the trip easier... worrying about choking to that degree will not help.

• Options
    Just beware of the major stickiness factor! There will be lollipop drool everywhere!! 
  • Options
    Oh, I know it!!  Whatever kills 5hrs - sticky drool is worth it ;)
  • Options

We have flown 5x in the past two months.  Dumdums were a lifesaver.  It helped him swallow to clear his ears. Love love love them!

I have never, and nor has my friend (a nanny) had one slip off the stick, but I would never give my son one without me right in front of him.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"