Trouble TTC
Options

How many follies

I'm in the middle of my 1st IUI cycle right now.  I had my u/s and follie count on Monday and I will go in again tomorrow.  Monday they counted about 6 or 7 on each ovary.  They were all various sizes.  I only have 1 good tube, so I'm fortunate to have produced follies on my 'good' side. 

I'm just wondering how this compares to others?  I'm on Follistim and HCG (when it's time).  I don't have much to compare it to which is why I'm asking.  I also realize it only takes one good egg to make a baby, I'm just hoping one of these follies will be the one!!

Re: How many follies

• Options

It's not necessarily the # of follies that's important, as it is the size of them. You could have a couple larger follies that will mature and release an egg, while the rest are too small to make it that far. Ideally you want 2 or 3 at the time of the IUI.

At this point it's probably too early to tell (because I'm guessing Monday's u/s was your baseline u/s), but it sounds like you have a good start! As you get closer to the IUI they should be able to talk to you about the # of follies and how many they think will release an egg.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Monday was actually my 2nd u/s, I had my baseline last Friday.  Each follie was a different size, so I'm really hoping 1 or 2 of them will grow to be the perfect size by the time it comes to trigger.  I have a feeling they'll be able to tell me a little more at the appt tomorrow too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't done injectables, but with both IUI's that I got a BFP I had two mature follies at the time of trigger.  So, just wanted to maybe give you a little bit of hope.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"