shower: hostess gift?? — The Bump
Pregnant after a Loss

shower: hostess gift??

My mom and her friend (practically my aunt) are throwing the shower for us and I have no idea what to get them. My mom will do the "mom thing" and be upset if I even spend $1 and the other is a bit of a shopaholic but both are greatful for anything. Would it be cheesy if I knit or crocheted them some fancy scarves? They both go to colder climates (visit family) for a week or 2 in the winter and I don't know that they have any scarves (other than the simple one I made my mom last year).

Would that be ok or should I look for something different?

Married 6/30/07, TTC 9/07,Mc 12/07, Mc #2 10/8/09,Twin boys 11/30/10, seperated 8/11image
"Our greatest glory isn't in never falling but in rising every time we fall"
8/24/09 3rd cycle on 50mg Clomid= BFP 9/23/09 =10/8/09 m/c #2 at 6wks 2days 3/9/10 4th Cycle on 50mg Clomid = BFP 4-5-10 200mg prometrium 2xdaily 1st beta/progesterone 10dpo=43 2nd beta 13dpo=339 u/s 4/16=5wks 3days single visible sac and fetal pole h/b 4/28=Suprise it's Twins! 150 and 127 bpm Labor Buddy to Sonadora and Strunella
cleaning2
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Craft Blog *~* Loss/Pg Blog: PM me if you'd like to read along *~*Bfp Chart imageimage

Re: shower: hostess gift??

• I would love a home-made scarf as a host gift.  Especially since your mom is they type who doesn't want you to spend money on her.
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think that is really sweet and extra thoughtful.  I wish I knew how to do something like that :)  Nice

My mom, aunt and 2 sisters are throwing my cousin and I a join shower.  Vera Bradley has little brag books and I got them for my mom and my aunt and my MIL (couldn't leave her out, even though she isn't doing anything for the shower).  Not sure what to get my sisters.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards