Cincinnati Babies
Options

postings pics of other peoples kids on FB

I am in the process of posting pictures on FB of DDs soccer game.  Some of the pictures have other kids in them.  Would you still post them or seek permission from their parents?  There aren't any identifiers and only my friends can see my pictures.

WWYD?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: postings pics of other peoples kids on FB

• Options

If you are concerned, just blur their faces out.

I don't see a problem with it as you have not identified then in the picture at all.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Katie: 1/16/08 2lbs. 15oz.
    Abby & Emily: 12/31/10 6lbs. 2oz. & 5lbs. 7oz.
  • Options
    I wouldn't tag anyone in the pics to help maintain privacy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would post them. Just don't identify them by name. I see pics like that all the time on there. I would not be offended unless the parent identified DD without asking first. I do get miffed at family members who take my pics of DD and tag her in their FB albums. I don't kow who is seeing them and I am a bit disturbed by that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I guess I'm the bad parent, I've posted lots of pics from Ry's soccer games and that thought never crossed my mind (there were no tags.) So I think it's fine. LOL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageDani3679:
    I guess I'm the bad parent, I've posted lots of pics from Ry's soccer games and that thought never crossed my mind (there were no tags.) So I think it's fine. LOL

I never thought about it until recently.  Now, I'm more sensitive about this kind of stuff because people have taken pictures of my DD and posted/tagged without my permission.  And I have a friend who has been through the ringer and it is really important to keep pictures of her kids private.  I guess it just made me more aware.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

A parent can request to have an unauthorized photo of their child removed by filling out this form: https://www.facebook.com/help/?page=937#!/help/contact.php?show_form=unauthorized_photo_underage

I wouldn't worry about it too much.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"