3rd Trimester
Options

I HATE OTHER MOTHERS SOMETHIMES!

This girl from work came to my baby shower on Saturday (w/o an invitation) and had her 6 month old baby with her. EVERY TIME I walked past this chick she would say "are you ready for this?" or "you do know they don't have an off button right?"  Gosh this chick pissed me off! it was on Saturday and I'm still venting about it.

Re: I HATE OTHER MOTHERS SOMETHIMES!

• Options

Those comments get old...fast! Why do folks feel the need to act like you have been living on another planet up until now. Like you have never seen or been around a baby before. Who doesn't know there isn't an off switch. & if you aren't "ready for this"...it's kind of late now being that you are already pregnant. Some people....

• Options
    I really hate when people complain about their kids in front of them- blech. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Every time I read the title of your post I hear a lisp.

On the other hand, those comments sure do get annoying don't they?

• Options
    I also hate the "just you wait" and "you'll see..." comments.  Let me live in my own little sheltered cocoon for awhile.
  • Options

Sheesh... she can go take tap with my friend who thinks its "cute" to let her kid come to my house and SCREAM at the top of his lungs...

Retards

photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My husband and I were just talking about this kind of thing. It seems like the number one thing people tell us is, "You're gonna be so tired. You're not going to get any sleep!" Like we don't already know that our sleep schedule will probably be obliterated in the beginning. I think we can handle it. It's super annoying!
  • Options

My inner b!tch would have definitely come out....to the tune of "Why the hell are you here? This par-tay is INVITE ONLY. Buh bye."

Indifferent What? Too harsh? 

Meh...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagecarameldoll11:

Those comments get old...fast! Why do folks feel the need to act like you have been living on another planet up until now. Like you have never seen or been around a baby before. Who doesn't know there isn't an off switch. & if you aren't "ready for this"...it's kind of late now being that you are already pregnant. Some people....

I was feeling this exact same way at my shower Saturday. MIL was telling me all of the "essentials" that I just had to get, you know, a carseat, diaper bag, a wipes warmer... Really? OK, I already knew about the first 2, I'm not a dumba**, but all I could think about was how I've taken care of lots of babies before, and I don't think one of them have ever used a wipes warmer. But silly me! This is my first baby, so what do I know!?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Ugh. That is just so rude,and then to do it while her kid is in her arms.

I hear you. I have been sick for a week with a bad head cold.  A woman at my work, who is rather rude and snarky to begin with, made a comment when I was complaining of getting 1 hour of sleep due to this really bad cough I have.  "Well, get used to it, no more sleep for you. You just have to grin and bear it. Just wait till you are sick with a little one as well."

Gee thanks.  Whatever happened to being nice and just saying, "Hope you feel better soon."

:(

• Options
    I always get comments like that too. Or "does seeing my baby make you want yours even more?"
    image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"