Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Dh has selective hearing

So we have spoken to the pedi about DD being ridiculously fussy numerous times.  He has given us suggestions of things to do, but he said that sometimes she is just going to cry for no reason and there is nothing we can do about it.

So what is DH's response to DD's crying? "Well the doctor said to just let her cry.  GOD youre being an enabler by going get her.  He SAID to just let her cry."

Did you NOT hear all of the other things that he said???  Now he's all pissed at me that I'm being an "enabler" by trying to please her.  He's really pissing me off... like, to the point that I'm sitting on the couch with a really stank look on my face staring him down.  Idiot.  Vent over.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dh has selective hearing

• Options

ugh, men.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Just ignore him. Some Daddy's just don't get it. They just want the screaming and fussing to stop.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekayteatrudeau:

Just ignore him. Some Daddy's just don't get it. They just want the screaming and fussing to stop.

That's sure true. DD does the overnight feeding. She cries and he gets up, unswaddles, changes her diaper, reswaddles and then feeds her. Of course she is crying until she eats which is totally understandable. He is shushing her and getting frustrated all during the diaper change. Spend your energy on finishing it faster! She'll stop crying as soon as you feed her. It bothers him when he can't figure out why she's crying. I said "sorry I couldn't birth a 2 year old"

• Options
    totally something my DH would do. There are so many conversations that he is totally present for and engaged in that you would never know by the questions he asks shortly afterwards.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"