May 2011 Moms

Fing Spotting

First of all I HATE SPOTTING because no one can tell you if it's "normal" or something to freak out over! But just to vent and talk to people who understand my fears.... 

So today I woke up to spotting. Only on the TP and brown/pink. I haven't had symptoms (other then bloat) since Sunday) and I was having them daily before then. I obviously went to the bathroom a million times to check and got spotting about 3 or 4 times.

Called  the Dr. The nurse said It's normal, it's normal, blah blah blah... then I told her I had spotting before my period for a couple months prior to being pregnant and then the wee before my missed period and BFP. She still said without cramping or red blood it's normal. 

I was thinking about trying to stick it out a few days  and seeing if I keep spotting before making an appointment. Do I need to relax? Or should I be worried?

Re: Fing Spotting

• imageabHokie:

First of all I HATE SPOTTING because no one can tell you if it's "normal" or something to freak out over! But just to vent and talk to people who understand my fears.... 

So today I woke up to spotting. Only on the TP and brown/pink. I haven't had symptoms (other then bloat) since Sunday) and I was having them daily before then. I obviously went to the bathroom a million times to check and got spotting about 3 or 4 times.

Called  the Dr. The nurse said It's normal, it's normal, blah blah blah... then I told her I had spotting before my period for a couple months prior to being pregnant and then the wee before my missed period and BFP. She still said without cramping or red blood it's normal. 

I was thinking about trying to stick it out a few days  and seeing if I keep spotting before making an appointment. Do I need to relax? Or should I be worried?

This is what my OB says as well - and since I've heard the same from so many other sources and people, I try my best to be comfortable with that now. It sounds like you're fine, but I would agree that if it (1) keeps up for an extended period of time, (2) becomes more red and/or heavy, and/or (3) is accompanied by cramping then you are within reason for calling again and expressing your concern.

Hang in there - *sticky baby dust* to you!!!

* PAL/PgAL Bumpie & NBC-Twi Nestie * imageBloggity Blog BFP #1 in 2001 ? natural m/c @ 9w4d ? TTC our first since 2009 ? BFP #2 on 8/25/2010 ? natural M/C @ 7w6d on 9/25/2010 Clomid cycle #1 @ 50mg = BFP #3 on 1/1/11 ~ EDD 9/14/2011!!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • MisNMisN member
    it sounds very normal and not a cause for concern but I would feel the same way.  If it is keeping you up at night and you are feeling anxious, why don't you got in for 2 betas two days apart to make sure your levels are still going up? (probably unnecessary but might give you some reassurance).
  • Loading the player...
  • maybe you can get in for some betas just to ease your mind? 
  • I agree - spotting is completely normal as long as it's not bright red, heavy, and not accompanied by bad cramping..The spotting is most likely caused from your LO implanting into your ute..Good luck, and **sticky baby dust* to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the ears ladies....I am going to stick it out and hope its nothing but I will go to the Dr. should it continue. 

You guys are very positive and sweet and I appreciate your lack of judgey comments on this board. 

• Totally sounds like implantation spotting and yes it is def. freaky but really nothing to worry about. I went through the same thing with the 1st and was worried beyond belief! And another cause, which I would have never thought of, is intercourse. It is normal to get that kind of spotting afterward since there is a lot more blood flow going on in the nether region. Hang in there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"