Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

F/U Liver Diagnosis

Drummm ROOOOLLLLL

After Months of worrying it turns out that the tumors are called FNH and are harmless.  I'll live to be 100 yet.  The liver failure and hospitilization had nothing to do with the tumors at all. 

My liver dr. said that sometimes women who have had the flu mid to late pregnancy get a series of viruses while thier immune system is tanked.  Apparently multiple viruses can affect the liver.  Your body compensates the best it can to protect the baby, but after giving birth the immune system fails to switch over fast enough all hell breaks loose....sometimes putting you into autoimmune.    Thus liver failure when Asher was 5.5 weeks old. 

He asked if I had a type A flu during pregnancy, and I didn't think I had....I was already so sick from morning sickness I wouldnn't have noticed.  But Phill did have Pig Flu before I got the pig flu and regular flu shot.  So we'll never know if I had pig flu too, but the liver team seems to think this is what happened to me. 

So next pregnancy, I'm demanding the seasonal flu shot the second it is available!

Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
<3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
Asher Benjamin  April 2010
Lola Aisling  May 2014

Re: F/U Liver Diagnosis

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards