Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Fantasy Football

How many of you and/or your DHs participate? Do you enjoy it?

MH is currently on the deck with his laptop and a beer more excited than I've seen him in a while for his online draft with his friends. It makes me happy for him that he has this fun thing with his friends. 

I am in the "girls league"- all the wives and SO of the guys. We have fun, but we do an auto draft so it's not that crazy.

MH and I are also in a family league with his side. We will do the draft on Saturday and that's a lot of fun because his side is full of characters!  

Three losses in 2009, a miracle in 2010! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker The Method to My Madness, a PPD blog

Re: Fantasy Football

• Options
    Neither one of us participate.  I'm not the least bit interested in football so its okay with me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I LOVE the idea of a girl's league!  My DH does this and it is really annoying to me because he wants to watch inconsequential games all the time.  I like football a lot (mostly college though) but watching some random game just because one of your players needs to kick a field goal is not exactly my idea of a fun Sunday afternoon.  At least if I had my own league I could get into it too. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageOCIrishBruin:
    I LOVE the idea of a girl's league!  My DH does this and it is really annoying to me because he wants to watch inconsequential games all the time.  I like football a lot (mostly college though) but watching some random game just because one of your players needs to kick a field goal is not exactly my idea of a fun Sunday afternoon.  At least if I had my own league I could get into it too. 

This is exactly why I love it!

I used to be very into college football and the Giants and got annoyed when we had to watch other games. Now I love the red zone channel and all the NFL talk shows- I've gotten into it and we have a shared common interest. It also helped me out when we went to football games because I then knew about the other teams and their key players.

You should set up a girls league- especially if you do an auto draft, the people who aren't really into it can play without having to worry about researching players. Plus we put in a little money so it's extra fun at the end of the season if you end up winning!  

Three losses in 2009, a miracle in 2010! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker The Method to My Madness, a PPD blog
  • Options
    yup both me and hubby participate in the same league! last yr was the first yr i did it in an all male league and i did well
  • Options

I LOVE fantasy football - love it love it!  I am in a family league (major characters and lots of sh_t talking) and I put together an all-girl league at the local bar.  DH runs the men's league and I am proud to say the girls league is WAY more active and into it than the guys. 

We have the NFL Sunday Ticket, so it's cool to be able to follow all the games.  We are definitely a football family, haha.

• Options
    I absolutely LOVE fantasy football... I have always liked watching football, so it was easy for me to get into it.  My favorite league is one where I am the only girl.  It is fun to get the boys riled up when you beat them. :-)  An all-girls league sounds like fun, too!  I'll have to see if I can get enough people together next year.
    formerly *Abby*
    BFP 10/05/09 - natural m/c 10/22/09... BFP 07/18/2010 - My BFP Chart - Due March 29, 2011
    My Pregnancy Blog
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    "You are the best thing, that's ever been mine." - Taylor Swift, "Mine"
    Labor Buddy to leneae10 and kilissa
  • Options

DH and I are both in a fantasy league (we do a family league). It's fun! The guys typically do their own drafting, the ladies do the auto draft and it's 50/50 on who wins at the end.

Does anyone watch The League on FX? It's kind of raunchy, but hilarious when you play FF.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Missed m/c at 17 weeks, partial molar pregnancy d&c 11/30/09
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"