December 2010 Moms
Options

Prenatal Yoga

OK- so I finally signed up for prenatal yoga. The series of classes starts on the 13th, and I must admit I am a little nervous. I have never done yoga before- and really have no idea what to expect. I just felt that I should be more active- and this sounded like a good way to stretch and prepare for childbirth. Anyone have any insight as to what to expect? I hope I am not the only novice there....I don't want to feel like I am slowing people down.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Prenatal Yoga

• Options
    You'll feel so good after class!   And don't worry about anything.  Most of it is stretching and breathing.  Go at your own pace and enjoy it!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Just go at your own pace and not worry too much about it.

I love my yoga class. I always feel like I got a good workout afterwards, I just feel more relaxed and not as tense. It feels great.

And I know not every class will be like this - but another reason why I enjoy mine so much is because we always end up chatting about different ways to prepare for labor and ways to relieve any pains we are having during pregnancy. I think it's hard when you get a group of pregnant women together it's hard not to talk about it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am the same way... Never tried yoga!!! I just purchased some prenatal yoga DVD's from Amazon.  I'm going to give those a try before going into a live class!
  • Options
    I have been to two different classes.  Other than the physical benefits it is so nice to be able to talk to a group of people going through the same thing as you.  You will love getting to meet other pregnant people.  One of the classes I go to is awesome.  It is less yogay and more focused on stretching, breathing, and labor prep.  The other class focuses more on yoga positions, but is also good.  No matter what your class is like, you will feel refreshed afterwords.  Enjoy!
  • Options
    I started doing yoga (bikram) a year ago, so when I got pregnant I just started slowly limiting what I was doing to some easier poses.  For third trimester yoga, the poses are very slow and simple, with a focus on positioning the baby properly.  You will feel great, cramp less, and I know my baby loves it so far, so don't worry!  3rd tri yoga is a great introduction to post-baby yoga practice!  Namaste.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone- I am now actually pretty excited- and think I might actually do that Prenatal yoga DVD I bought before class- just to get an idea of what I'm in for. Stretching and relaxing actually sounds pretty amazing right now...maybe I'll sleep better! Now I just have to figure out if any of my yoga pants fit..

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

I started a prenatal class last week.  It is a very small class (there are only 3 of us and the instructor).  The other two women in the class had never done any yoga before (I have done a more physical form pretty regularly for the last few years).  It was very gentle and relaxing.  You won't have any trouble with being new at yoga.  It is nice to meet some other women who are going through the same things that you are too.

And FYI I have the Gaiam prenatal yoga DVD and thought the class was actually gentler than the DVD.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"