Two Under 2
Options

Thinking about Christmas...

What are you doing for #2's first Christmas present-wise? For #1 we went crazy and we still have all the toys but I think I would feel bad if we didn't get the same amount for #2 as we did the for #1's first Christmas. Yes, I know she will only be 9 months and won't care but I do. Especially when we look back at pictures on the future and one will have had more than the other. Anyone else feel this way?

Re: Thinking about Christmas...

• Options
    Could you get both kids books or clothes rather than toys? 
    mr & mrs || 11.18.06
    DD born 07.06.09 || DS born 01.24.11 || Bean 3.0 due 11.16.12
  • Options
    We're getting them PBK anywhere chairs
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about making it even to DC#1's first Christmas. Just focus on this year's Christmas. We tried to make it as even as we could, but we got DC#1 more fun stuff because he was older and would be able to play more. We got DC#2 clothes, First Christmas ornament, and a couple baby toys.
    Photos taken by Becky Thompson
  • Options

I posted something similar a while back. I have a lot of guilt over not needing much for #2. I want to make her holidays just as special as #1's was. The hard part is mine will be the same sex and #2 will only be 2-3 mo at Christmas (which rules out a lot of toys). 

I have already got #1's santa gift and have no idea for #2 :( I know somehow I will pull it all together and it will be special. But I do think about this. I want her pics for baby books to be just as grand as #1 got to have! 

• Options

#2 will only be a month old at Christmas, so I'm stacking her present pile with stuff I'd have gotten her anyway, but that she won't be using yet. For instance one of those "security blankets" that is a little stuff animal on a blanket, and a cute blanket I want her to have, but these items won't go in her crib until she's older. I also bought her some cute onesies which I have to count as a Christmas gift because I have no other excuse for buying her clothes since we have everything we need from DD.

We went a little nuts on L last year, but from now on we'll have two kiddos so I can't go as nuts on either of them. I'm not trying to match L's first Christmas, but I will be fair to each ot them on future Christmases. This year doesn't matter and next probably won't either, but as they get older I will pay attention to having equal number of gifts for each kid.

• Options
    we didn't go crazy ds' first Christmas bc he was about 6 weeks old and we knew our families would be doing that. so we'll probably do something similar for dd - a small toy, some books, a special pair of Christmas pajamas....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"