Special Needs

A positive post to counteract my pity party post

Ha, pity party post...I enjoy alliteration.

Anyways, I feel like I always post sad, waaahhh, woe is me stuff on here, so it's time I post a happy post!

DD is on week 2 of the EI therapy at our house. She got evaluated about a month ago, and one of the women who came to evaluate her came to do speech therapy with her...this was the first time Kathy saw DD since the initial evaluation.

Anyways, Kathy was thrilled with DD's progress - said she sees a big difference in eye contact and her holding her gaze! She said she is so proud of DD, and of us, for working with her and that she is picking up lots of things. Also, DD finally "fed the baby doll" which was a big thing for her - she had problems engaging in imagination/pretend play, and last week, her OT taught her how to feed the baby with a spoon, and now all DD wants to do is feed baby! Baby doll is getting fat, hehe!

So...yay for small milestones!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: A positive post to counteract my pity party post

• I know...I feel the same way!  That's why I sometimes post things like "what's your LO's latest achievement."  :)

That's awesome!  Good for her (and you guys)!   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow-- that's a fast improvement! Way to go, both of you! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • that is very encouraging
    imageimage
    Max 4-08-08 and Michael 2-03-91 (19 years olds)
    image Both boys were born w/ hirschsprung's disease, you find yourself facing this dx, please feel free to ask me any questions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"