Stay at Home Moms
Options

Gym Daycare Day 2

We went to the gym yesterday and DS cried pretty consistently for the 30 minutes I was gone.  The childcare worker (who was wonderful) said he played with trains for a while.  Then a crawling baby knocked part of his track over and he lost it.  She was sitting with him, rubbing his back when I came in.   I thought it was an okay first day.

Today I was called to go back to childcare after 15 minutes because DS hadn't stopped sobbing and was throwing himself on the ground.  It was a different care taker today than yesterday. 

I feel guilty leaving him there to cry, but I really want him to adjust so I can get a little "me" time in! I am going to take tomorrow off and try again on Thursday. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Gym Daycare Day 2

• Options
    Good for you getting that time in.  He'll get there.  We left DD in our church day care for the first time this past Sunday.  She wasn't totally psyched to be there but didn't cry for the 45 minutes we were gone.  They give us beepers in case they need to call us back, but we weren't which shocked me.  I am hoping she has a little more fun next time!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options
    Good luck! Hopefully it gets better soon! I know it was hard for us at first, but DS never cried for more than a couple of mins. It's worth it though. We have made lots of friends there who go consistently and so now DS looks forward to seeing his friend for that little bit. It's so worth it for your sanity and health. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm going through the same thing.  We tried on Monday for the first time and it went well until he realized I was really gone.  I came back after ten minutes to peek and I saw he was a mess.  I calmed him down and left again, but it was not so successful. We tried again today and he barely even made it through the door.  I used to work in daycare and I know this is normal, but I feel so bad leaving him there with the worker (I feel worse for her, for I know he is a dramatic child).  Keep us posted.  I still have hope that DS will make it eventually.  Go you for taking some time for yourself.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    he will be ok...the more he gets used to the space and the teachers there..the better it will become. don't feel guilty. its good for him to have time with others.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"