Georgia Babies

F/U to sleep issues- night terrors

Gavin was doing much better last week so I thought that his sleep issues had passed.  But then he started waking up again a couple nights ago.  He calls out for me and if I don't come, he just gets more and more worked up. If I go in there, he will calm down and go back to sleep right away.  I hate this b/c I can't tell if its manipulation or if he's really scared of something.  We have no problem with CIO- but I don't want to ignore him if he's really scared of something.  That breaks my heart.  Last night was awful.  I think DH and I were up at least 10 times.  And Gavin was so tired this morning that he slept all the way in to daycare and I even had to wake him up in there to dress him.  He keeps saying "pyders" and even when we turn on the lights and show him there are no spiders he doesn't believe us.  I gave him his little dino flashlight last night so he can check for them himself and that worked for a little while but then about an hour later- same thing all over again.  What do I do?

Re: F/U to sleep issues- night terrors

• I am of no help but if it's any consolation, we are going through the same thing over here.  The past week has been absolutely horrific.  My normally great sleeper is still pitching a fit right now and I guarantee you, he'll be up for a couple of more hours.  I just left his room, got him calmed down and almost asleep and now he's having hysterics again. DH is going in there in a little bit.  Doesn't matter though cause he'll be up again around 2ish.  /sigh

Do you think it's their age?  

• A friend of mine's son had a fear of monsters in his room and she got a spray bottle and filled it with water. Told him that she was spraying the 'monsters' away. Maybe you could spray the magic water and tell him it keeps the spyders away? That way he can't say they are there or keep coming back? I have no idea this is just something someone said worked for her kid. 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrsL1022:
    A friend of mine's son had a fear of monsters in his room and she got a spray bottle and filled it with water. Told him that she was spraying the 'monsters' away. Maybe you could spray the magic water and tell him it keeps the spyders away? That way he can't say they are there or keep coming back? I have no idea this is just something someone said worked for her kid. 

Sounds like a great trick.  For any kid other than Gavin- hahaha!  Squirt bottles are his FAVORITE toys.  He likes to spray himself in the face.  I would come in to find him totally drenched in the morning!  Last night was better- only cried out once and went back to sleep quickly on his own.  I don't get it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"