Parenting after a Loss
Options

My five and a half week old doesn't focus

My DD doesn't seem to focus on my face. She doesn't flinch or blink when I move my hand quickly in front of her face, and she doesn't look at me when I talk to her. Is this normal? I'm worried it could possibly mean she's blind. Probably freaking out for nothing, but help me please!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My five and a half week old doesn't focus

• Options
    I don't think its anything to worry about. If I'm not mistaken, they can't focus clearly for a few months. I am a worrier too. When my daughter was about 4 weeks, the house alarm went off, extremely loud, and she didn't budge. I thought she was deaf. Of course she was fine, but I think its natural for us to worry. And if you hae any questions, I wouldn't hesitate to ask you pedi. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This is totally normal. DS wouldn't really focus at all then. And even after that, he barely focused on my face. He was always looking at other things and not really people. His vision is perfectly fine. It just took a while.
    After 2 m/cs, dx October 2008 with hetero factor v leiden & mthfr & low progesterone; third time was the charm - BFP 3/19/09 on first cycle of clomid. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"