Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Tylenol question

Does this work as a pain reliever for anyone? I have always been an Aleve / Ibprofin girl and I am just curious if it actually does work to relieve pain.

And by pain I mean like for ankle/knee pain , back pain or migraines / headaches. which is what I use my Aleve/IB for.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Tylenol question

• Options
    Pff-I'm the same as you.  I only would take Advil/Ibuprofin/Aleve for pain also.  I never used to take Tylenol, but I switched when we started TTC.  Although it does not work for me the way the others did, it does put a dent in the pain..but definitely not as good as the others. 
  • Options
    Tylenol does absolutely nothing for me. I'm like you, Aleve/Ibuprophin are the only things I take!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get migraines and have always taken Advil. When I read that it could mess with implantation, I switched to Tylenol. I find that the Tylenol doesn't help nearly as well for me. If I take the extra strength rapid release tylenol I find it helps a little bit better than just the regular Tylenol though.
  • Options

boo. i was afraid of these answers! thanks ladies.  i will put off buying it at the store once again. 

i honestly try not to use it in the 2ww but i have a strong pain tolerance and when i need it, something is bad.

• Options
    I perfer advil but tylenol works for me as well. just not as fast.
  • Options

Gah I am going to miss Advil once I am pregnant again. I totally forgot about that one. Tylenol does zilch for me. 

• Options
    Tylenol does crap for me. I have Tylenol 3's my Dr gave me a while back, I only took one because it didn't even touch me. I was watching the time tick by so I could take Ibuprofen.
  • Options
    Good question, PFF. I am a bit of an ibruprofin-aholic for headaches, cramps, etc. I cut waaaaaaay back last month and didn't take any during my 2ww. I keep meaning to buy some Tylenol but sounds like it probably won't do much good Crying
    "For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." ~storypeople.com   

My Blog - Taking You Home

• Options
    Tylenol is an Acetaminophen which is a fever reducer. It doesn't help with inflammtion of joints/back pain/menstrual cramps. Sorry charley Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Tylenol does nothing for me :( Excedrin Migraine is the only thing that works lately..
  • Options

I usually take Motrin for my headaches, but I have switched to Tylenol. So far it has worked for me, but I also haven't had a really bad headache since the switch.

For my severe, debilitating headaches I take a rx called Toradol. I know I cannot take that while TTC/pregnant. I have been worrying about getting one of those once I am pregnant. I plan to discuss that with my doctor.

Dx: Unexplained Infertility

TTC #1 
    IUI's #1 - #3 Clomid = BFN's, IUI #4 Follistim = BFP
    Grayson arrived via emergency c-section on 7/28/12!

TTC #2 
    IUI's #1 - #4 Follistim = BFN's
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI + PGS: Lupron/Follistim/Menopur
    ER 4/13 - 19R, 13F, 4 PGS tested embryos, 1 normal
    5/14 FET: BFP. Beta #1: 123, Beta #2: 327, Beta #3: 854
    Cora arrived 1/23/15 via RCS!
  • Options
    I don't find Tylenol does anything unless it's combined with something else. For example, Tylenol Ultra has caffiene in it and it wipes out my headaches very quickly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Tylenol does nothing for me.  I take Excedrin Migraine for headaches and Ibuprofen for muscle aches.  Also Imitrex as needed for migraines.  Sad to have to stop using them...
    Married 7.5.08
    BFP 12/10/10 - DD1 8/16/11
    BFP 10/29/13 - c/p 11/2/13
    BFP 11/29/13 - DD2 7/18/14
    BFP 3/20/18 - DS1 due 12/2/18
  • Options

imagebranmuffin2112:
    Tylenol is an Acetaminophen which is a fever reducer. It doesn't help with inflammtion of joints/back pain/menstrual cramps. Sorry charley Smile

Acetaminophen is used to relieve mild to moderate pain from headaches, muscle
    aches, menstrual periods, colds and sore throats, toothaches, backaches, and
    reactions to vaccinations (shots), and to reduce fever.  - copy and pasted from the first link that pops up when you google tylenol.
  • Options

imagered1976:
    I don't find Tylenol does anything unless it's combined with something else. For example, Tylenol Ultra has caffiene in it and it wipes out my headaches very quickly.

ooh maybe i could make the job by trying that first!

• Options
    I love Tylenol extra strength rapid release. when i get migraines it helps a ton with them! 
    Married: 9.21.2010
    TTC since: September 2010
    BFP 1/18/2013 - beta #1 - 174
    1/21/2013 beta #2 - 705

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"