Multiples

Picky Eaters?!

DDs are almost 10 months. For awhile, they were all about baby oatmeal mixed with purees. Then they loved baby yogurt. Now they hardly eat any "solids" at all!

I've tried finger foods such as meat sticks (Gerber), peas, beans, roasted veggies, diced fruit, hummus, noodle pieces--they don't touch it and/or lose interest fast!

The ONLY foods that they will have more than 2 bites of are: Cantaloupe, Cheerios, puffs, Mum Mums, avacado and sometimes plain pancakes.

Any suggestions?? I asked the pedi and he said "just stick to purees". But they don't/won't eat them, so I am at a loss.

Thanks!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Picky Eaters?!

• I would just keep trying with finger foods. DS is a picky eater and I've learned that he just hates bland food and that I can't try to get to him to eat it, he has to do it on his own time. His veggies have butter and some Mrs. Dash seasoning, I tried them plain and he just threw them on the floor.

The big hits in our house are pancakes/waffles/bagels and cream cheese and any kind of cheese. Do they like to make a mess? Try some spaghetti? Messy for sure, but what they do eat will at least have veggies. Mine still aren't big on meats, we never did the Gerber meat sticks or graduate meals, the couple of times they did, they refused to eat them.

Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • i have one that will eat anything/everything and one that will only eat purees. so i dont think i will be of too much help. you can "hide" some food in the food they will eat (ie make the pancakes with applesauce, mush a banana in with the avocado) see if that works. other then that i dont know. good luck. hopefully it's just a phase.?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"