Trying to Get Pregnant

Spray Tans . . .

Just a few days before we leave for our honeymoon we will more than likely be in our 2ww. Do you girls think that getting a spray tan would/could be harmfull?? I do know that regular UV tanning is out for anyone who may be pregnant! 

Re: Spray Tans . . .

• I'm not 100% sure, But I wouldn't think so.... google could be your best friend on this question...
  • I love airbrush tans (not spray tans in the booth--they make you orange and streaky). They look natural and last a lil less than a week. I usually get one right before vacations or any major event I'm attending because I'm super pale and never tan. I just burn. Look up some recs (try your local board on the knot actually) before you go and see if you can have someone spray you who has been there a while. I usually get the owner of the salon where I go to do mine.

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• Loading the player...
  • Wow. I just realized what you were asking. ::embarrassed face:: No I do not know it they are harmful. ::tip toes out of the post::

• I'm sorry I am not sure what you mean??? I just wanted to know if you think the chemicals in the spray could be harmfull  throught your skin?
  • It's ok though!!! thanks for the advice :)
  • imageBrandibaby28:
    I'm sorry I am not sure what you mean??? I just wanted to know if you think the chemicals in the spray could be harmfull  throught your skin?

I mean, clearly I need to read rather than skim. I fail for the evening lol!  

• imagemelissa721:
    I love airbrush tans (not spray tans in the booth--they make you orange and streaky). They look natural and last a lil less than a week. I usually get one right before vacations or any major event I'm attending because I'm super pale and never tan. I just burn. Look up some recs (try your local board on the knot actually) before you go and see if you can have someone spray you who has been there a while. I usually get the owner of the salon where I go to do mine.

I'm with you, airbrush tanning looks the best, the booths streak and are very uneven....

I'm also with you on burning not tanning... I have super fair skin (comes with the red hair) lol

• imagestepheverhart:

imagemelissa721:
    I love airbrush tans (not spray tans in the booth--they make you orange and streaky). They look natural and last a lil less than a week. I usually get one right before vacations or any major event I'm attending because I'm super pale and never tan. I just burn. Look up some recs (try your local board on the knot actually) before you go and see if you can have someone spray you who has been there a while. I usually get the owner of the salon where I go to do mine.

I'm with you, airbrush tanning looks the best, the booths streak and are very uneven....

I'm also with you on burning not tanning... I have super fair skin (comes with the red hair) lol

Grr I know! I wish I had my father's skin tone. He's 100% Italian and get so dark in the summer. My sisters and I get NOTHING but sunburn. I almost WELCOME the burn bc it's a break from the WHITE. (Almost...) 

Baby Macy is here!

12/09 - Macy (daughter) | 4/10 - Began TTC Baby #2 | 12/10 - Chemical Pregnancy | 1/12 - Miscarriage at 14 weeks | DX - PCOS & Hyperthyroidism
  • Thanks for that article Mrs. Jason!!  I can make a good decision with a guilt free mind! . . .  I think! haha :)
  • I would think it would be fine.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• imagemelissa721:
    imagestepheverhart:

imagemelissa721:

Grr I know! I wish I had my father's skin tone. He's 100% Italian and get so dark in the summer. My sisters and I get NOTHING but sunburn. I almost WELCOME the burn bc it's a break from the WHITE. (Almost...) 

I know what you mean. I burn in the shade...

For me I get freckles on my arms after I've been burned lol....

I'm hopeful that someday all my freckles will connect and it will appear as though I have a tan...

• I would think it be fine. Just do what you do :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BFP ! March 2011 TTC since Jan 2010 Blood work CD 3 -normal Diagnosed with slight case of PCOS Nov 2010 S/A - High count , low morph and mobility Use acupuncture/herbs to regulate cycles
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"