Babies: 0 - 3 Months

HELP!!... all of a sudden DS won't take a bottle!

I gave him Avent and felt the flow was too fast, then I gave him Dr. Brown's and he took that bottle a hand full of times but then out of the blue wouldn't take it anymore.  So I went and got the Tommee Tippee bottles with anti-colic and DH just tried to give it to him for his bed time feeding and he is fighting it like crazy!!

I don't know what to do!!  I need for him to be willing to take it so if we need a babysitter or if DH wants to feed him, he can.  

Desperate for any advice.  TIA!! 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Hello?

Re: HELP!!... all of a sudden DS won't take a bottle!

• Same boat.  LO is 3 months old and before this week although I pretty much exclusively breast feed, I sometimes give a bottle if I feel like having a drink or if I leave him with my mom.  But the last week he refuses. I dont know if its the formula or the bottle he objects to as I havent tried it with expressed milk yet but I am panicking a little myself for the same reasons.
  • This is happening with us as well, with freshly pumped milk.  I need him to take a bottle because I have a long procedure coming up.  I have been preparing an ounce before most feedings and trying to get him to take it.  At 1st it was complete screams and now he will latch for a couple of seconds.  It is getting better, and hopefully he will learn to use it in time.  I think it just takes getting used to again.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"