Eco-Friendly Family

Gah~give me the strength--whine

I.am.exhausted.

This was only the second day of school and already I'm tired of this routine. 

My supervisor was cool enough to work with me in figuring out how I can have my class covered while I do my morning pumping, but it takes more effort than I anticipated to figure out how to leave a class with someone else for 25 minutes in the middle of the period.

In an effort to help out another nursing mama (and have her cover my class sometimes), I used part of my planning period to cover HER class.

Then I had to do my own pumping/eat lunch and got no work done.

I got home and had a few hours with the baby before he ate and went to sleep. At some point before the baby went to bed, I had to hand him to H because I literally could not keep my eyes open. I usually give B a 10:30 dreamfeed but all I want to do is go to bed and not have to think about my boobs, my nutrition, and my supply for awhile. But if I don't feed him then, he'll wake in the middle of the night, which is no good.

And tomorrow I teach four consecutive classes non-stop (only a lunch break, which is really a pump session). I see now why women choose to use formula but that is not an option in my eyes. I just hope I can get into the groove with pumping and keeping up my energy because this exhaustion is unreal.

I realize that in the grand scheme of the world, this issue is minor. I just need some back up to tell me that it gets easier!

Re: Gah~give me the strength--whine

• It does get easier, I swear!  You'll get into a routine soon and pumping will just  be another part of it (though if you're anything like me it will probably be one of the most annoying parts of it, but whatever - you do what you have to do!).  The biggest lifesaver for me was being able to pump hands free - if you don't have a way to do that, find one.  I would bring my laptop and either play around online or do work depending on the day and it really, really helped.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageLotte134:
    It does get easier, I swear!  You'll get into a routine soon and pumping will just  be another part of it (though if you're anything like me it will probably be one of the most annoying parts of it, but whatever - you do what you have to do!).  The biggest lifesaver for me was being able to pump hands free - if you don't have a way to do that, find one.  I would bring my laptop and either play around online or do work depending on the day and it really, really helped.

Oh, honey, I've been hands-free since I returned to work last week! I even thought today, "Hey, I can grade some papers during my "break" tomorrow!" But, I agree, it's annoying and weird and definitely a do-what-ya-gotta-do situation. A friend at work said, "I started dreading that lunch period when I had to pump." I keep telling myself that it's not forever, and I can do anything for a few months. I don't want to dread it :(

• Loading the player...
  • I have no advice, but I have a (((HUG!)))
  • imageSoyager:

imageLotte134:
    It does get easier, I swear!  You'll get into a routine soon and pumping will just  be another part of it (though if you're anything like me it will probably be one of the most annoying parts of it, but whatever - you do what you have to do!).  The biggest lifesaver for me was being able to pump hands free - if you don't have a way to do that, find one.  I would bring my laptop and either play around online or do work depending on the day and it really, really helped.

Oh, honey, I've been hands-free since I returned to work last week! I even thought today, "Hey, I can grade some papers during my "break" tomorrow!" But, I agree, it's annoying and weird and definitely a do-what-ya-gotta-do situation. A friend at work said, "I started dreading that lunch period when I had to pump." I keep telling myself that it's not forever, and I can do anything for a few months. I don't want to dread it :(

I hope that you find a way not to dread it. Is there any way you can do something relaxing during?  Like read a good book or have a special sweet treat?

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
  • It does get a lot easier, I promise. You will find a routine and it will all work out. Toward the end of my time pumping, I actually started to not hate it so much because it gave me a break from work related stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"