Babies: 9 - 12 Months

should I let DD eat this

Now that she is doing well with finger foods, my daycare supplies food for her. The food is prepared mostly for the 1yr and older kids so im not sure if some of these things are ok for a 9month old. What do you think?

Grilled cheese sandwich, quesadilla, lasagna, chicken nuggets, taco casserole, .

Most of the things on the menu im ok with because its fruits, veggies and meats, but I just wasnt sure about these things

Re: should I let DD eat this

• I would let her, as long as the daycare teacher is watching really closely the first few times she has something big like that. Grilled cheese and chicken nuggets (the all meat healthy ones) are some of DS's favorites
  • Lilly, at 9 months, did eat some of those foods (grilled cheese, quesadilla, lasagna) and could eat the others as well (I just haven't given her chicken nuggets or taco casserole)...she does really well with finger foods.

She basically eats anything we do but she doesn't have honey or nuts.

ETA: I agree with PP that I would ask that the DCP watch her closely the first few times, especially if you are nervous about how she will handle those particular foods.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't see a problem with any of them as long as she is getting plenty of fruits, veggies, and lean protein at her other meals.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My daughter was eating all of that at nine months! As long as they are watching her for choking I think its ok.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • I think she would do fine with all of those as long as she does okay with most solid foods. My DD could eat all of that we just have never given her taco casserole or chicken nuggets. If they have something on the menu you don't want her to have just send it when you want her to eat. I am sure they wouldn't mind giving that instead. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"