• Lovely. I feel bad for the poor girl assigned to this project :(
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Wow. That's really kind of offensive. Keep the ads contained to the side bar, TB.
    Two Blue Pillars
    Baby Blue Eyes
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh yeah, me too!  Poor thing probably didn't have a clue what she was getting herself into when she signed up for it.  Even just the nest God post to say the board was open is a hot bed of nastiness. 
    Mr & Mrs - 10/15/05
    Elijah Matthew - 5/3/07 ~ Adalyn Rosemary - 3/23/11
    imageimage
    *Photos by Kacy Cierley*
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagejerseygirl81:
    Lovely. I feel bad for the poor girl assigned to this project :(

This.  Yikes.  But it really does seem like a bad idea.  Curious  to see how it pans out.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I cannot see any good coming out of this. And poor "kara at pampers"
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I guess P&G paid a lot of money to the bump to have the diapering board started, which morphed into cloth diapering. So this is the compromise. Hey, if Pampers wants to pay the Bump for advertisement, more power to them. Keeps it free for us to use, right? 
    image Ready to rumble.
  • I agree with most of the above:

yes, poor Kara - poor girl probably had no idea what she was getting herself into

who cares - if Pampers wants to pay bunches of money that enables this to be free for us, hooray.

Also, I am happy to say that I learned that swaddlers sensitive does not have dry max so you can be certain those are the swaddlers that I will buy. I have not had any reactions (well, DD) to the dry max diapers, I just think they are only half as effective as the old ones. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want them to bring the old ones back.

• Awww fark.  AYKM?  That diapering board, sponsored by Pampers, turned into a nightmare for them.  Why even try that?  It will be another CD board in a matter of days.  I am a CD advocate, but will never fault a mom for using sposies if that is their choice.  I have not fostered the diapering board over to a CD board, but I really think the new board is beyond desperate and rediculous.  I am going to go vent right now to the people who need to hear it, and I bet the board disappears when the pampers peep see how negative it has gotten over there.  Is the Bump really that desparate for advertising dollars, or did P&G just offer them the right amount of bankroll?  I hope the Bump does not go away, but I will not ever support a brand that has a history of hurting babies. 

Dear P&G:

Take your Pampers diapers back to what they used to be.  Get rid of DryMax, and you no longer have a marketing issue.  Marketing by paying for a board on a popular mommy site is bad karma, and you will not see much beyond the complaints with 100 replies.  Word spreads fast.  Maybe you would be better doing a giveaway of big boxes of diapers to get rid of your overstock as you go back to what worked well?  Good luck in your endeavors.  The internet lives forever.  Google is your friend.

Sincerely,

Your frenz on da Bump

PS:  $5 off coupons on the "new" (old) product you reintroduce would be a good PR move on your part.  The Bump never forgets.  Coupons to anyone here who asks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"